GoPro Hero Camera Mounts and leg holders on MCL wings

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
Ok. I installed the to mount my GoPro Hero Camera, but found out they double nicely as fold holders. They do a lot better job than the tiny acorn nuts that come on the hwy wings.

I got the Ram balls from cyclegadgets and they are made to thread onto a 6mm bolt. I got about 14 bucks in this mod.

Attachments

indypup

Accidents HURT! Safety doesn't
Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
How do the video/pics look from that mount? I tried something similar once but the Oregon Scientific ATC2K camera I had vibrated too much from the mounting position.

OP
OP
Landon
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
I will show you once youtube process the video so I can post a link here.

OP
OP
Landon
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
Here is the video. It does not do the camera justice as youtube has compressed the video. It a really great quality for a $160 camera thats is very easy to operate.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjqjpwC-pYw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjqjpwC-pYw

indypup

Accidents HURT! Safety doesn't
Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
Cool! How did you pickup the sound without all the wind noise? Also how did you keep the wing from folding in?

OP
OP
Landon
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
Cool! How did you pickup the sound without all the wind noise? Also how did you keep the wing from folding in?
Not sure how that works really. The camera is in that waterproof case and I guess that blocks the wind noise. No issue with the wing folding in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Landon
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
What kind of batteries are you feeding yours?
It takes two triple A's. Pick your poison, I have been using both lithium and regular. GoPro recommends the lithium.

Last edited:

motorcyclelarry

R.I.P. - 2012/09/25
Rest In Peace
Bike
ST-1300, GS-120
STOC #
Oh This Is WAY TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Cool. Landon
Would you mind if I linked to your U-tube and used your photos??? Please?
PM me your last name and I will send you a discount code for the future.

I want to mount one on both wings and make an IMAX

Larry

OP
OP
Landon
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
Oh This Is WAY TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Cool. Landon
Would you mind if I linked to your U-tube and used your photos??? Please?
PM me your last name and I will send you a discount code for the future.

I want to mount one on both wings and make an IMAX

Larry
I have the ram ball on both wings, I actually have one hanging off the back on your antenna mount also so I can shoot video to the rear. You have a PM from me also. The one picture is not very good, I can take another and send the high resolution ones to you.

Bike
'09 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
There's a thread on the forum somewhere....about a discount offered by a vendor....
I'm going to find that link! Too cool....

Forest

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
I have one of these. The Motorsport model comes with quite a variety of mounts. Makes it very versatile. I have a mount on the mirror of the ST and use the suction cup to mount it virtually anywhere on the tupperware! Takes OK videos given the price. One thing to be aware of.....the suction cup mount may let go as the temp approaches freezing. At least that allowed me to find out the camera will survive a 60mph "get off"!!!
I use the Li rechargeable batteries and they seem to work OK.

Overall great little camera. I just wish the controls were easier to operate on the go. As it is now, you pretty much have to get it running before you get on the bike.

Rod

moeg

moe guilbert
Bike
ST1300A
Ok. I installed the to mount my GoPro Hero Camera, but found out they double nicely as fold holders. They do a lot better job than the tiny acorn nuts that come on the hwy wings.

I got the Ram balls from cyclegadgets and they are made to thread onto a 6mm bolt. I got about 14 bucks in this mod.
Been considering this camera but I've been uncertain on how to mount it. I like your use of the Ram ball but I can't quite see from your photo how it transitions from camera base to the Ram ball clamp. Would you elaborate? Greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Landon
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
Been considering this camera but I've been uncertain on how to mount it. I like your use of the Ram ball but I can't quite see from your photo how it transitions from camera base to the Ram ball clamp. Would you elaborate? Greatly appreciate it.
The camera comes with 3 flat "boots" that have 3m tape on one side and then can be stuck anywhere on the bike. I took one of those and stuck it to an AMPS mount that Ram makes, then you just have to use a ram ball and arm anywhere you can think of on the bike.

Last edited:

Capt_Gruuvy

Stay-at-Home Astronaut
STOC #
OK ... how many roll stops can you do in one video ?

I like that. I need to get that install and video me splitting lanes in CA traffic.

Top Bottom