road smarts coming apart

I've got a rair amount of miles on this set.Not down to the wear bars but getting close.Coming nome this afternoon I noticed a bounce as was getting into the throttle.The front end started shaking so I pulled over.Put her on center stand and there it was a bubble running down the middle about 3/4" high and about 5-6" long.It came out of the blue.That's a scary thought.Has anyone else had this happeen to them?

later greg

I had a brand new one that I could not balance and didn't find out 'til I was well into a multi day trip.. I balanced it again when I got home then took it for a ride for less than 100 miles and the bouncing started again - put it back on the balancer and it was way off.. Two Brothers helped me out by replacing it w/Mich PR2 that has been rock solid.. I'm done w/DoneLop

suggested shipping tire to Dunlop because I thought they might want to see why the tire belts and outer compound came apart.Even after the air was let out the ridge was visible,but they sent me to where I bought them.Corp. america don't you love it.It could have been a bad accident.I can't wait to hear the excuses.The tire had no cupping,I got about 9,000miles so far out of them,just about to the wear bars,but no sign of any miss-use.I have never seen a motorcycle tire do this before.I guess you could say I was just lucky.

later gl

You would think someone at Dunlop would want to examine the tire. I hated the OE D220's so much that I'll never buy another Dunflop! I liked the BT020's, but after 2 sets of PR2's I'm sticking with the Michelins.

I didn't say I didn't like them.Them handle well in the twisty's and I had close to9000 miles w/more life in them.Atleast the front.I put on a new pair the same time a friend did for a road trip and they seem to fair better than the metzlers.I put a new one on today and maybe I'll get some response from the dist.two bros.wanted to see them.I might send them as they seem care about customer service.

later gl

Yea, me TOO!

https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66013

I've got a rair amount of miles on this set.Not down to the wear bars but getting close.Coming nome this afternoon I noticed a bounce as was getting into the throttle.The front end started shaking so I pulled over.Put her on center stand and there it was a bubble running down the middle about 3/4" high and about 5-6" long.It came out of the blue.That's a scary thought.Has anyone else had this happeen to them?

later greg

well my dealer came through and replaced them w a new tire.I had some miles I didn't expect a full credit but I'll take it.I only had to pay for install.Yea!! Riders Hill in Dahlonega

later greg

we will see if the next tire has any problems hopefully only a defect in current batch of tires

25K! On the set? How much do you weigh, maybe 100 lbs? I thought I was doing great getting 14k out of a set.

no I'm like 175-180ish finally got the time to replace them current miles are 26.3k the fronts are wearing funny (by the groves its almost flush but not at the middle of the tread pattern) back tires are getting squared and center line getting close to being flush.

no I'm like 175-180ish finally got the time to replace them current miles are 26.3k the fronts are wearing funny (by the groves its almost flush but not at the middle of the tread pattern) back tires are getting squared and center line getting close to being flush.

Do you do primarily short commuting trips?

<D>

And I thought getting 13,000kms out of an Avon once (ST11) was great mileage!
As for Roadsmarts, I tried one set, gripped and held up ok, but lasted less than 9000kms. Sides wore out before the middle. Handled consistently until the end.

Back
Top Bottom