2022 "Annual" Check-In

Bike
2003 ST1300A
Riding, whether on a Goldwing, a ST1300, or on a recently acquired eBike, can range from being a zen experience to a physical -or- cerebral workout.
In November I parked the '21 DCT Tour for the winter with 4000 miles on the odo. When I pulled it out this spring it was due for the initial oil change. Since then, the weather has been obstinate at best, and only 550-ish miles have been ridden so far this season. All that is about to change as we embark on a journey from Western PA to the Tail of the Dragon (estimated 1886 miles) and back next week.

I've had two ST1300 sightings in the last month, one silver and one black. Keep up the good pace!

It took a few miles to remember the gee-whiz electronics on the wing. Interesting how each bike I have owned has the same sequence at season's start, from "remembering niggling ***** peeves" to "OMG this is the greatest thing ever." Easing back into that comfort zone replenishes my allure of motorcycling... accompanied by a nice dollop of fear and respect to keep things in perspective.

So here's to a rewarding, fun and safe season to everyone. Similar to the cloak in Dr. Strange, one has to wonder: did we choose motorcycling, or did it choose us?
2022 GW.jpg

Enjoy your trip. I ride a black ST1300 over in NJ and I saw another black one on 202 South in NJ on Thursday. I love your Wing.

sirbike

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
Riding, whether on a Goldwing, a ST1300, or on a recently acquired eBike, can range from being a zen experience to a physical -or- cerebral workout.
In November I parked the '21 DCT Tour for the winter with 4000 miles on the odo. When I pulled it out this spring it was due for the initial oil change. Since then, the weather has been obstinate at best, and only 550-ish miles have been ridden so far this season. All that is about to change as we embark on a journey from Western PA to the Tail of the Dragon (estimated 1886 miles) and back next week.

I've had two ST1300 sightings in the last month, one silver and one black. Keep up the good pace!

It took a few miles to remember the gee-whiz electronics on the wing. Interesting how each bike I have owned has the same sequence at season's start, from "remembering niggling ***** peeves" to "OMG this is the greatest thing ever." Easing back into that comfort zone replenishes my allure of motorcycling... accompanied by a nice dollop of fear and respect to keep things in perspective.

So here's to a rewarding, fun and safe season to everyone. Similar to the cloak in Dr. Strange, one has to wonder: did we choose motorcycling, or did it choose us?
2022 GW.jpg
Glad to see all is well.
Does the new Wing slot in between the previous Wing and the ST1300?

Your former steed continues to treat me well. I call it Silver Spare but it was the mileage leader last year.

Riding is great!

7CD3362A-252F-447D-9082-6F117C0F6061.jpeg

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
1652008356012.png

That is a thing of beauty. By the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak - I dig the Dr. Strange reference!

OP
OP
Scott in PA
Bike
2003 ST1300A
Glad to see all is well.
Does the new Wing slot in between the previous Wing and the ST1300?

Your former steed continues to treat me well. I call it Silver Spare but it was the mileage leader last year.

Riding is great!

7CD3362A-252F-447D-9082-6F117C0F6061.jpeg
Now that is a beautiful bike! The 21 DCT Tour is at the top of the Goldwing pyramid, with only the Airbag model above it in terms of $$.
The automatic transmission takes some gettting used to, but now it's second nature to me and I can shift faster, manually, than if I had a clutch. The auto has 4 modes Eco, Tour, Rain and Sport. I keep it in Tour, go to manual when I want to, and stay out of Sport as it scares the hell out of me!

Top Bottom