34k Valve Check Results

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I don't have my 16k check as it was on a hard drive that I lost last year..

Looks like one intake is right on the line but I'm not going to worry about it, I'll check again at 50k and see if an adjustment is necessary.

Attachments

• ChkOn_2010_04_14_at_34k.jpg
    ChkOn_2010_04_14_at_34k.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 314
Those look very similar to mine at the same mileage. I found that several intake clearances increased slightly from the previous check. Better slightly on the loose side anyway.

Joe,
From your readings, it looks like you have a possibly complete .13 mm - .19 mm & .22 mm - .28 mm set of feeler gauges. Is that so? I've been searching and cannot find gauges with the leaves that I'm missing. If you found 'em, where was it?

Thanks,

Rod

Joe,
From your readings, it looks like you have a possibly complete .13 mm - .19 mm & .22 mm - .28 mm set of feeler gauges. Is that so? I've been searching and cannot find gauges with the leaves that I'm missing. If you found 'em, where was it?

Thanks,

Rod

No sir I don't.. I have to sometimes use 2 together to add up to the increments that are missing.

OK, that's what I figured I'd have to do.

Thank you,

Rod

Rod, I also place two metric gages together for some of the measurements.

This set increments in 0.01 mm from 0.10 to 0.20 mm...although it is a bit pricey and doesn't resolve the 0.22 to 0.28 range. I once did find a set that had both ranges covered, although it was several hundred dollars.

I don't have my 16k check as it was on a hard drive that I lost last year..

Looks like one intake is right on the line but I'm not going to worry about it, I'll check again at 50k and see if an adjustment is necessary.

Very nice. Some people have all the luck. How long did it take you to do the work?

Very nice. Some people have all the luck. How long did it take you to do the work?

Taking plastic off - I don't remember what that took, 15 mins per side maybe..

About 30 mins total getting the valve covers off and cleaning the surface areas.

The check was pretty fast, 20-30 mins with double-checking.

Another 30 mins to put the plastic back on when I get to it.

I pinched the gasket on the left side so when I started her up to check for leaks.... I had a very nice leak... therefore, you have to add one hr to re-do that side and clean the oil up... :eek:4:

Always a good idea to start the bike up to catch any major leaks.

Back
Top Bottom