40 amp alternator

tnbill

Site Supporter
Bike
91 st1100
new guy question. I have a 91 with the 28 amp alternator BUT I bought a used 40 amp that is compleat from the nut that holds the drive gear all the way to the other end. other than the sub harness what else do I need to make this conversion other than a lot of time, patience, shop space and tools?

O-rings, bolts, fuse block.... I’ll edit this with a link in a minute

Edit: everything Alt Upgrade (a link to my list of parts and tools is a few paragraphs down):

HTH I have an alternator upgrade tools kit with extensive upgrade documention package available for the price of postage (register):

John

Last edited:
Welcome aboard. Since you did not say when you bought your 1100, you might find this helpful...after you get your alternator squared away.

John, Is the alternator upgrade tools kit still available? ST-Riders.net doesn't seem to work for me, is the site still active?
FWIW, both of John's links above work for me.

John, Is the alternator upgrade tools kit still available? ST-Riders.net doesn't seem to work for me, is the site still active?
Yes, the traveling tools/docs kit just finished up another successful alt upgrade. As indicated regarding the ST-Riders link, you need to register if you haven’t already. The AOW is public though.

John

Thanks for asking about adapter plate. I stopped making kit. You can get the parts from Partszilla.
13411-MAJ-G20 Shaft
91004-MT3-oo3B bearing
91002-MT3-003 bearing
3x 8mmx70mm allen bolts

I only sell the obsolete adapter plate.
Ride safe

Back
Top Bottom