After 13 years of service, Red Battery retires

Bike
2016 FJR1300 ES
As far as kill switches goes, the thread got a little out of control I think. Its quite simple (see image below). On both ST and FJR you kill the engine by moving the switch to STOP. The main difference is that on the FJR the start button is integrated into the kill switch. You push it down towards START and it automatically returns to the RUN (middle) position. Bottom line: you cannot accidentally have the kill switch activated when you try to start your bike. That is what the embarrassment was all about originally. Yamaha_kill.PNG

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
And that point was made at least a couple of times in that thread.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Sorry guys but if you’re too dumb to check/ operate a kill switch maybe you should stay off the road!
And of you reply to an old thread with an intended insult, maybe you should stay off the reply button?? Just my (sometimes almost guilty) humble observation.

Jethro

R.I.P. - 2023/10/20
Rest In Peace
Bike
2006 st1300
Never sand cable ends, clean with hand cleaner,& rinse with water. Sanding removes the tin/ silver plating. Connect cables & tighten, spray with battery terminal protector from auto supplier. Any corrosion on battery, box or cables can be neutralized with baking soda water solution then rinsed with water.

Bike
07 FJR1300
STOC #
Odyssey battery is one of De best out there you get what you're paid for. :thumb: I got it for my rider lawnmower it has been on it for the last 10 years. it's still functioning great. Too bad it's too big for my bike..! Great Battery..!

Top Bottom