Ampage Loading?????

Bike
ST1100 1997
Hi everyone, I have my ST1100 on a 1997, the time is coming where I will get chance to go for a blast with the other half on the back, so I'm looking at heated clothing ,since I live in the UK and we can get extreme weather here!! so the big question is, will a 40 Amp Alternator (which it has) run heated grips, two heated jackets and trousers and Mp3 player??

Second question is I want to get into camping with the fine machine and I like the idea of having a leisure battery in one of my panniers, just for running a mobile charger or LED lights for night time, so does anyone know of a good 12v splitter of anyone know how to make one ???

Any suggestions will be great,, cheers everyone :03biker:

Mr Fixit - Never had any trouble doing it on my three ST1100s (Two heated jackets, two pair of heated gloves, 1 pair of heated trousers, heated grips, mp3 player, radar detector, etc.). If you got stuck idling a lot you might discharge the battery a little bit if every thing was on full tilt.

Cheers phil, I've been quizing sparky at work, and according to him you times Amps by volts so thats 40x12 since my alternator is 40Amp and this gives me 480 watts to play with so should be ok like you say, plus why would they sell things that going blow yer bike up??? its just not done :hyp1:

So do you know anything about 12volt splitters?

Top Bottom