Another Motorcyclist Killed

Bike
F900 XR
2024 Miles
I kiss my wife, kids and fur babies when possible before I ride into the Jaws of Hell (LA freeways). Also pray over those Ill be shepherding, riding with, and all in our path. I enjoy also reading Psalm 23 and ask for some angelic protection till my day and hour comes. Then its good bye Earthly bonds and hello Eterinity with He who is Grace incarnate.

Do what you will with me Honda.
;)
AV8R, Did you or do you have a ZRX? I sold mine but seem to remember you from that owners site. Or was it the Blackbird site? Anywho, agreed, I pray when I get on my bike for angels to keep me safe. I also tied a cross onto my bike.
I just can't understand having a "Gremlin" bell for safety. But I can totally understand prayer.

I tell people that I figure when God is done with me, I'm out of here. Till then, I'm safe. When you look at the dumb things I've done, and the environment I ride in, you'd think I would've already bought the farm. But I haven't. In fact, I haven't had an accident since about 1981...and that was so minor that I only needed to brush off my clothes and get back on the bike. And I've only hit the brakes hard about 6 or 7 times. One of those times was for the GEICO squirrel, and the other was for Bambi's auntie.

I firmly believe there's a reason for me still being here, and it has nothing to do with my skills (or lack thereof).

Chris

Bike
2005 ST1300 PA
Well going on time is God’s pervue, ours is how healthy till that time comes. We still have free will choices and are responsible for those we make and dont make. The way I explain it, is the Lord is the captain of my ship, He will get me from departure to destination. However, I can move around the ship where ever I choose, move stuff around, and am accountable to the consequences thereof.

The bible gives only a few examples where people were given extentions. One of which was one of the best of kings in ancient Israel, Hezekiah. However after his fatal illness was miraculously healed, he lived on for 15 more years. In that time, he became a foolish King and gave birth to the worst of kings, Manasseh. This combination pretty much ended Israel’s golden age.

Long story short, Father knows best. We go on time per a perfect plan even if we don’t understand or go unpleasantly.

As for prayer before riding for protection of others and myself, that was answered last weekend when a 5 yearold little girl jumped out from behind a parked car, right in front of my bike. Some how I managed to stop in time. Thank God, literally.

Last edited:
Top Bottom