Any Honda Shop open Sunday?

Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
I just discovered I need brake pads. Well, earlier today I discovered that. I just now figured out I can ask a bunch of Oklahoma riders who's open that might have some lol

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I was at a great Honda shop out my way when somebody asked 'Why aren't you open on Sundays??' The response was 'Because we're out riding'. I have seen one or two MegaSuperMotorcycle places open on Sundays but in my experience they were run by soulless money grubbing types more interested in making a buck than helping a brother out.

Shawn K

Professional Cat Confuser
Bike
GL1800
STOC #
Truth is, most dealers don't stock any significant amount of parts at all, outside of oil/air filters, spark plugs, tire valves, and other cheap consumable items.

A whole world opened up to me when I started working on my motorcycle myself. I can get parts delivered straight to my door, there's no dealer markup on any parts I buy, and I save myself labor rates of $80-120/hour by doing my own work. And I do it on MY schedule, not theirs.

OP
OP
OkieRider
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Well, since I want brake pads today, calling around is my only hope. I know I can order them.

There's one shop in Tulsa that's open Sunday. Nothing in OKC or Stilly?

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
Its rare to see a dealership open on Sundays. Mine are rarely open through the week! I don't go there very much thankfully, but the guys there don't seem to have any urgency in selling parts? They don't budge when asking why the parts are so expensive either ,even though they know we can order online and get the exact same part for less money?
I agree that most dealerships don't carry a huge parts inventory, but they would surely have most common parts like brake pads.

Bike
2005 st1300
My experience with dealers seems the same as ShawnK's. Honda dealers in my neck of the woods sell cars, with bikes as a "side" business. They have never had any bike parts that I have needed in stock, when I have needed them, they've always had to order them. They brag that they will have any part there the next day, even if they have to overnight it from the other side of the country. The prices are ridiculous, but the shipping is free... :rofl1:. There is a local bike shop that has recently become a Honda dealer, so they may stock more bike parts, not sure.

Bike
2000 ST1100
Mine are not open on Sundays. Some are also closed Monday. When traveling to major motorcycle functions i do recall these shops do seem to be open on Sundays while the events are going on.

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
Be sure to clean the rotors when switching to different pad compounds. They can get a bit grabby until the residue from the old pads is gone.

OP
OP
OkieRider
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Gently cleaned the rotors, then rode to bed them in. Rode some more to cool them off. Rotors cool to the touch when I parked it. Working great.

I cleaned the rear pistons with a loop of shoe string, then compressed them with a bar clamp so I didn't have to pull the wheel. The only thing you have to watch is that the caliper side foot of the clamp does not slip. I didn't have any problem setting the clamp and holding the caliper side while twisting the tensioner on the other side of the wheel.

Attachments

Top Bottom