Any one else had problems with Bike Bandit?

Bike
1994 ST1100
STOC #
I've ordered tons of stuff from Bike Bandit over the years, but this last order makes me wonder if I might be done with them. I got my front fender on my '94 ST broken in August when my riding buddy's BMW fell against it in a parking lot in Arizona. Bike Bandit showed them available on their catalog, on sale for $140. So I ordered one and they said I'd have it in a week.

Then I started getting the delay messages "Due to the Rona it's delayed but we'll get it to you ASAP". I figured ok, things aren't "normal" right now, so I gave them some slack. Three months and sixteen delay notices later, I finally got fed up and called them. Took twenty minutes of crappy music to get to a live person. He hem hawed for awhile and finally said it was no longer available.

What? They couldn't have told me that three months and sixteen delay messages ago? So, the order was canceled, and I'm still waiting for my refund. Hope I don't have to go to PayPal to get that back.

I called a couple of the other suppliers to see if they were actually still available or not and both said yes, they could still get them, but I'm wondering. Price was $180.

So I hit eBay and there were like eight black ones on there. I looked at all their pics and descriptions and finally ordered one, $112, which came yesterday. I ordered it the day before Thanksgiving so it took five days. Looks as close to new as I'd probably ever find. Lots of unhappy folks on Bike Bandits Facebook page, so not sure what to think, but I don't know if I'll order from Bike Bandit again. Anyone else have issues with them?

Attachments

Bike
97 ST1100
STOC #
Ned, I have had issues with my last three orders from BB. I am done with them.

They claimed a "3-4 week delay due to the manufacturer" last time...blame, blame, blame.

I have switched to another more reliable company that seems to value customer service more.

Top Bottom