Anybody tried Continental Road Attack tires?

Bike
'05 ST - R.I.P.
Just curious if anyone has any experience with the Conti Road Attack on their ST. Just look at those Conti's! Is that one sexy-looking tire, or what?

Attachments

Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
I am on Avon Storms right now and very happy but I have looked at the Conti Road Attack. I just have not seen much info on them.
Maybe someone that has a set will chime in and give us all the info.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I ran them on the Blackbird, it's a heavy bike and I had no issues with them. Great grip wet or dry, I got about 5K out of the rear and the front was scalloped so I replaced them with the AVON viper also a very good tire.

Haven't tried either one on the ST, I have the AVON Storm on the ST and I believe turn in is very good but I get vague feedback from them. I drag the pegs on the ST and have never had them slip but the vague feedback is uncomfortable for me so I am looking at a replacement set when these are toast.

STArnie13

R.I.P. - 2020/07/03
Rest In Peace
I just put one on the rear of my 1300 a few weeks ago. I have had no problems with it but I haven't been in any wet and I only have less than 1,000 miles on it. If it works out good I will try the front when my current front needs to go. I have heard only a few reports on them. All but one has been very good. The name on the tread got a couple of comments from the service staff when they put the tire on. I wonder how long the name will stay on the tread.:03biker:

STOC #
I have them on my XX and like them a lot :yes:

The Conti guy recommended I get the BMW version for the rear, which I did.
A tire for hevier bikes....

I can't remember how many miles I have on them, but they wear well.

Cheers,

Bike
2007 ST1300
I put them on my '03 ST1300 and only got 2200 miles before they were too think to trust. I'll never buy them again.

tlartist

Tom Laux
Bike
ST1300
I had one set that I just replaced with some new ones for a longer trip. Here is my experience:

+ Last a good amount of miles. I had 5,000 miles on both the front and rear and still had tread left.
+ They stick pretty well. I just completed an advanced riders course and had no problems with confidence leaning hard into the turns. The tires held really well. For road riding, I have no concerns taking any corner at any lean angle with these tires.
+ They handle well in the rain.
+ Rode the tires in Wisconsin cold and heat with no problems.
+ Seems to be a good mix between tire stick and long life.

- Not sure if this is fair with 5,000 miles on them, but they got pretty squared off.
- As you lean over more they tend to resist the lean. It might be just me, but this seemed to be more pronounced as the tires wore.

Overall, I have very good confidence with the tires. I need to try the Avons next. From what I have read/researched it is between the Avons and Contis for me. I stuck with the Contis again because I needed to make sure I could go over 4,000 miles in one trip on one set of tires.

Blue STreak

Bob Meyer
STOC #
- Not sure if this is fair with 5,000 miles on them, but they got pretty squared off.
- As you lean over more they tend to resist the lean. It might be just me, but this seemed to be more pronounced as the tires wore.
The two are intimately related. The more squared off the tread gets, the harder it's going to be to roll the tire over the "edge" of the flattened tread.

Bike
'05 ST 1300
Just curious if anyone has any experience with the Conti Road Attack on their ST. Just look at those Conti's! Is that one sexy-looking tire, or what?
The tread pattern came from their Marketing Department :p:

I'm over 2000 miles on the Conti Road Attack rear tire...good roll-in and very confidence inspiring as you get on over. I use the ST as a 100 mile-a-day commuter so I get some rain, some shine, some fog, a whole lot of smile. The tire has really stabilized my ST so I'll get another one when this one is gone. The Conti has a "BMW" version that I'll get.

Top Bottom