Anyone have any experience exempting a 2001+ ST1100 from ULEZ?

Hi forum

I'm not an ST owner yet but am thinking of getting one except that I live in London and checking the registration of any models I come across on the ULEZ database shows them as non-exempt.

According to this article on Biker and Bike the ST 1100 is exempt, however I think you have to prove that to TFL either with a certification of conformity from the manufacturer or getting your bike tested at your own cost.

I had a search around the forum but couldn't find anything definitive so just wondered if anyone had any experience with exempting this bike, and if so could you get a certificate from Honda of did you have to get your bike tested?

Thanks for any help!

Jeremy

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
Wow, those Ultra-Low Emission Zone rules look pretty tough.

What happens if the Queen travels to open Parliament in the State Coach and one of the horses drops a deuce? Does that disqualify the State Coach from the ULEZ?

Michael

Queen.JPG

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
On a more serious note - this link might help you. It appears that older (non EURO 3) motorcycles are exempt if they produce less than 0.15 g/Km of NOx emissions, and the ST 1100 has been shown to produce 0.14 g/Km. BUT: You will have to get your specific bike tested, it's not a blanket exemption. Because the ST 1100 that was tested came very close to the upper limit, you might want to tune it up, change the air filter, etc. before you go for the test.

Pre-Euro 3 (pre-2007) motorcycles exempt from ULEZ Fees

Michael

rwthomas1

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100 non-ABS
Way back, when I had to get my hotrods through sniffer tests, I used to put some ethanol in the fuel, like 20%, tune the idle mixture for the mix and breeze on through. Since the ST has essentially no emissions controls, this might help if its on the edge.

RT

OP
OP
Wow, those Ultra-Low Emission Zone rules look pretty tough.

What happens if the Queen travels to open Parliament in the State Coach and one of the horses drops a deuce? Does that disqualify the State Coach from the ULEZ?

Michael
Haha maybe but most likely the Queen will have Sadiq Khan tried for treason and taken to the Tower (he's the London mayor by the way). Anyway thanks for the info, yes as you say the ST1100 is very close to the limit so makes it a bit of a risky purchase...hmm shame because it looks like a great bike and there seems to be a few cheap ones here in London... will have to see...

Top Bottom