Anyone in the Indy area willing and capable of performing the 40-amp upgrade?

STOC #
I simply do not possess the skills or tools required to perform the 28 to 40 amp upgrade on my '91, but would gladly pay someone to do so. (I'd particpate and assist and do the grunt work if required). My ST is running and can be ridden to any central Indiana destination. (My residence is in Noblesville, IN)

I'd be grateful to anyone that can help me get my Black Beauty safely back on the road.

Thanks,

Don

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Don, have you started collecting parts? And scheduling John Oo's loaner tool kit? If I'm in the area when ya get it all together I'll be glad to help... I've done a couple of'em.

Bike
1992 ST1100
STOC #
I've done mine and would be glad to help you. I have alot going on the next month after I get back from Westoc but if we can work something out I have a lift and all the tools other than John's kit. Is yours dead or just wanting to upgrade? I live just south of Indy pm me and we'll try to work something out. p.s. I don't want paid.

Bike
1996 ST1100
STOC #
I'll keep an eye on this thread as well...I already have a 40 amper, but am sure I could learn a thing or two by watching the process...

OP
OP
INSTrider
STOC #
I apologize for not responding sooner. Late hours at work have limited my screen time.

Thank you George for your offer to help - ALL THE WAY FROM ARIZONA!
Dave has kindly offered his help and I have PM'd him back. Hopefully this kind fellow Hoosier's know-how will be the miracle I've been searching for in my efforts to make my beloved ST roadworthy again.
Smunderdog - I'll try to keep everyone updated regarding the status of this project by way of this thread.

The responses in this thread attest to the fact that ST owners are some of the best folks around!

Thanks all!

Don

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
From AZ, I helped with Alternators in IL, SC, NM, and CA... I've also helped swap out three engines, in NJ, IL, and CA. :D

OP
OP
INSTrider
STOC #
Thanks all - especially George! Gonna sit tight until Dave's schedule allows a get-together. Once a date is set, I'll be tracking down John's kit!

Top Bottom