Autocom Active Plus Duo Aux 4 question

Bike
1996 ST1100
STOC #
Hey gang! Have had this Autocom system for awhile...

http://autocomdirect.com/pdf/Kit_200_Instructions.pdf

The Aux 4 input is a 5 pole din lead. To this point, I've been able to get away with using the other 3 Aux inputs, but am no2 wanting to use this one. Is anyone using it for a device that takes a 3.5mm output cable? To do so, a transition cable is needed and I found this, but it is 25' long.

http://www.amazon.com/25-Foot-5-pin-Din-Male/dp/B007EBKJPE

Just wondered if anyone was using a different transition cord.

What are you wanting to use Aux 4 for? If you are going to use bike to bike then there are Autocom made accessories that will support the 5 pin plug and on the other end the plug to work with many 2 way radio's. I purchased the one for Motorola and have used it many times to talk to the wife in the chase car with no problems. Even the VOX from the radio works well. Just have to remember that I can't sing to music..lol...

Screen Name "Kieth" is a dealer for Autocom. Send him a message, or get in touch with him at Tulsa Truck Center.

Not for bike to bike...want to do the below.

Aux 1 is the Autocom Bluetooth dongle
Aux 2 is iPod
Aux 3 is Zumo
Aux 4 is Valentine 1

Is there an advantage or disadvantage to using a 3.5mm splitter that would put two devices into the same aux port over the cord that I found that would allow me to use aux 4?

Doe the V1 have a 3.5m jack? If so, it's probably a mono jack. If you plug a stereo jack into it you could risk burning the circuit up. I did that on my Passport.

There is another accessory from Autocom that I think has 2 inputs, one is stereo and the other mono. You could use that in Aux 2 or 3 depending on the priorities you want.

The V1 doesn't have an integrated jack in the main unit - they make you buy another piece that has the 3.5mm jack.

http://www.valentine1.com/v1info/pdf/manual_2012/Pg26-27_RemoteAudioAdpater.pdf

I have been running it as it shows in setup #2 (but I don't have the concealed display accessory part of the diagram). I don't recall which Aux port I had it plugged into, but it has been working just fine. I'm now adding the GPS into the mix which is what has me resorting everything out.

Thx for pointing me towards 2255, but if I can avoid another $90 cable I'd like to. :) Especially if the cable I linked to in my original post works to hook into Aux 4.

Be careful with that cable you linked in the beginning of the thread. NOISE NOISE NOISE. That is why the Autocom parts are expensive. They will isolate and prevent all the engine noise that the other cable is going to give you. When I had my ST and had the Autocom in the rear I had to use the Autocom parts to make sure I didn't get engine noise.

With my proposed setup, that cable wouldn't have to be running from the front to the back of the bike. The "telephone cord" cable runs from the radar detector to the tail of the bike where it plugs into the audio adapter. Then the cable linked in my initial post is completely contained in the tail connecting the audio adapter to the Autocom Aux 4. So that full 25' of cord will take up some space back there...which is why I wondered if anyone else had used anything else.

Totally understand where you are coming from regarding noise...that is why I hadn't put the Autocom in the tail earlier...

Well no dice with that cable. Couldn't get a close look at the 5 pin side of it in the picture, but went ahead and ordered it since it was only $5 through the supplier on Amazon. The Autocom 5 pin female side has the pin placement such that the 5 pins are all evenly spaced around the 360 degrees of the circle. This cord had all 5 pins on one half of the circle.

Looks like I'll venture down the 3.5mm splitter path and just use Aux 2 or 3...getting ready to play with all of that now that I have the Autocom moved into the tail of the bike. 7 days from now I'll be 18 hours into my BBG attempt!

Back
Top Bottom