User Name: T_C

-----------------------------
Request Information:
Award ID: 13
Name: ST1300 50,000 Mile Award
Description:

Recipient username : T_C

-----------------------------------------------------
Please explain why the listed recipient should receive the award.

Bought my current STeed 12-18-2012
Had 37,933 miles on it. The gentleman that listed it on CL and was selling it (on comission) tried to tell me the bike was like brand new, had less than 4k miles on it. When I asked how he figured that since the picture of the odometer showed almost 38k miles he proceeded to inform me that the decimal point just wasn't showing up.

And the things I learned from him just continued to astound me. Like the custom painted matching saddle bags that were aftermarket...

Anyway...

I licensed it almost a month later trying to avoid some taxes at the end of the year. 1-11-13 was the first inspection and ride around town... glorious 50 ?F day in the middle of January. Friday night and I just went for a cruise...

Since then it's been a whirlwind of two years, plenty of miles commuting, a trip to NatStoc, WeStoc, a Ferry Stoc and some Civilian Police Motorcycle training. Ran it through every state west of the Mississippi (minus AK and HI). Hope to hit every state east this year.

Been some great rides... hoping for a great many more.
Tonight, New Years Eve I pulled it into the garage at 87933 on the nose.
T
-----------------------------------------------------
odom.jpg

Last edited:

st1300doug

Congrats! I got my 7,050 in for '14. Now at around 48,400 for total. So...I'll be requesting my 50K Award next year! :)

Bike
2008 ST1300 ABS
TC,

Congrats on the 50K as that's still a lot of 100 mile round trips to work, even with all your excursions (you should move closer so you can ride a scooter :D).

Top Bottom