Battery going dead

Bike
2010 ST/2002 GL1800
Just experienced the same issue while testing trailer wiring for my new to me Unigo set up.
Everything started flashing after what I thought was a short time along with clock reset etc... I thought I hooked something up wrong until I checked the voltage. (10vdc}
Everything OK after a few Hour recharge.
Looks like battery tender until it gets closer to spring.
Check my records to find it's coming up on the 4 year mark in March. I did not thing it was that old.
Time flies when your having ST fun!
So everything I read here on the forum appears to be SPOT on!!
Not enough AH rating on these batteries to key on/off while tinkering in the garage I guess.
I really do find everyones input helpful on this site.

Thanks everyone and Merry Christmas!!!!

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
cyclenut57 said:
Not enough AH rating on these batteries to key on/off while tinkering in the garage I guess.
Spot on! I was tinkering with adding LED side markers and did the On/Off while getting the wiring sorted. Maybe a total of 10-12min On. Finished and shut down. The next morning all lights and clock hunky-dory but not a click with the starter. Luckily a short 2nd gear roll downhill got me going. The battery was and is in excellent shape. Still...

Now that I'm all LED except the two 194 position lights in the headlights' shell I can get maybe 10-12min tinker time out of the battery if I had to. :rofl1:

PS At 10V and the clock reset you are pardon the pun living on borrowed time.

Top Bottom