Battery question

STOC #
What are you using for a battery and why.
I am thinking that I may be needing one soon.

Thanks for your replies in advance.

I called the Honda dealer $200. WOW:bow1:
I called Interstate Batteries, $138
Both are sealed batteries.

Batteries+ because I killed the oem too many times and didn't want to chance it.

It does not crank as fast as the yuasa but that's thru the winter it may be just my memory compared to last year with the oem. We'll see.

It is rated 190cca the oem claimes 230cca.

I called the Honda dealer $200. WOW:bow1:
I called Interstate Batteries, $138
Both are sealed batteries.

Ron Ayers lists the OEM battery at $142, and any of the places that sell us parts at a discount (Hondacuraworld, Mosites, etc.) could probably do better.

--Mark

I would check with Dave at Mosites. I bought an OEM battery from him for 122.50 shipped to my door about a month ago.

http://www.batterystuff.com/batteries/motorcycle/sYTZ14S.html

Just bought one of these Scorpions, working fine so far,,, $68 bucks delivered to your door. 230cca (supposedly) but this is the best one I could get on my budget at this time... the WaL Mart version for the ST1300 can not be found in any store, its in their book, just not in any store (I don't think it really exists :cool:)

Koyo XTZ12S sealed agm replacement, 11.2 amp hour, 230cca. Koyo is ISO 9001 certified so trust the numbers.

I paid about $80 a year ago when OEM was going past $150 locally.

It tested last week at 203 cca after about 13 months and 15,000 miles.

http://www.batterystuff.com/batteries/motorcycle/sYTZ14S.html

Just bought one of these Scorpions, working fine so far,,, $68 bucks delivered to your door. 230cca (supposedly) but this is the best one I could get on my budget at this time... the WaL Mart version for the ST1300 can not be found in any store, its in their book, just not in any store (I don't think it really exists :cool:)

If the Wal Mart battery is not in stock, just ask them and they will order you one. I know that does not help if you need it right now, but if you know you need it in the next week or so they will get it for you.

Using the OEM battery in my 2005. Been on a battery tender Jr. every night since I got the bike in 2005.

If the Wal Mart battery is not in stock, just ask them and they will order you one. I know that does not help if you need it right now, but if you know you need it in the next week or so they will get it for you.

yea, thanks I already bought the Scorpion, but I had just saw where George had bought a Wally battery for his 1100, so I gave them a shot on mine... no one there at the desk offered to order me one though..:confused:

I went to my local Batteriesplus and picked up one of their batteries. There list price was something like $97 and I mentioned that their web site listed a price of $82. Well the gentlemen offered to sell me the battery for what the internet cost plus shipping would have been and I saved a little there. Came home and put it on the charger for an hour and bingo presto the Black Beast lives once again. I never even checked at my local STealer. Bottom line is that you chould check out Batteriesplus if you have one nearby. I also had him look up the specs and their battery is listed at 220 CCA with a one year warranty and opposed to the STealers 6 month warranty.

:06biker:

Using the OEM battery in my 2005. Been on a battery tender Jr. every night since I got the bike in 2005.

Careful there. I use a Battery Tender on all three bikes. The Goldwing had a sealed battery I bought in April 2006. Last week it died on me without any warning, leaving me stranded at a gas station on a Sunday afternoon. Thank goodness it didn't die an hour earlier, when I was up in the mountains.

Play at your own risk.

Thanks for starting the thread RideCoach. I just ordered a Scorpion (thanks lectricmojo) for my '06 ST--it started cranking just a bit slower the last few weeks.

Top Bottom