Battery under warrenty?

Good day all,

I just got my 04 ST1300 with just at 5059 miles, but the battery barely got us home. Now it won't start under it's own power, so it sits. I have a battery on its way, but I was wondering if the battery would fall under the warrenty time frame. I didn't get the owners manual, not to mention any of the other paperwork on the bike, so I don't even know the specifics on the warrenty.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!

Bill :04biker:

OP
OP
I don't think he killed it by leaving it on, but not running... He had these extra lights added, but I can't see how they would kill the battery... People add stuff like that to their bikes all the time. It holds a charge until the CCA's are needed to turn the starter... Then it drops quickly to less than 8 volts.... I can charge it back up to 12+ volts and it will stay there... Lights on and everything - no worries, but as soon as I hit the starter - Nothing! It will run the fuel pump and all the lights are bright, it just doesn't hold it under a load... the alt is pumping out a good 13-14 volts (I can't remember exactly)...

It started right up when I picked it up... we shut it off and went inside to do the paperwork, came out and nothing but lights... no starter... We charged it and it fired up... For the rest of the day it was fine... A few days later, I noticed the clock reseting after getting it started... That told me the volts dropped low enough for the clock to see it... Then, she wouldn't fire up at all, and it has only been a full week today since I picked it up... I don't know? :confused: :04biker:

OP
OP
I doubt they will help me with the battery... I can't prove it hasn't been heavily drained and I am the second owner... I have to take it in for the peace of mind look over, and to have them check the recall stuff... I'll just bring it up in casual conversation and see what happens...

Thanks!:04biker:

Bike
2019 BMW R1250gs
STOC #
Batteries are normally covered by the battery manufacture warranty--Yuasa and not the bike warranty. I believe the Yuasa battery warranty is for 6 months but could be one year.

OP
OP
I got my replacement battery from motorcyclebatteriesusa.com for the $87.00 listed in the other thread. I should get it on the 4th... Much time is flying by that I can't use my bike! I hate it... I don't have a battery tender, but I do have a 2/10/50 amp battery charger... I can charge the battery I have, and get the bike running, but I wouldn't be able to re-fire it without another jump...

I saw in an old magazine an ad for a solar powered battery tender. Anyone seen these? I imagine these could be left on the "trunk" pad (since I haven't gotten one yet) while at work, and stored under the seat when the bikes hooked up to the garage tender at night... I'll do some research on this one, and let yous guys and gals know...

Cheers!

Bike
'09 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
The solar units have been used with good success for boating for years. You have to be very careful with the pad....any break in the pad and you toss it in the trash. They are more durable now...but I've lost a few over the years to careless handling.

Bike
'09 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Go to sites like West Marine and they have a better selection of flat and durable solar chargers. The good ones are not cheap!

Top Bottom