Bike Condoms Motorcycle Covers?

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
There made of a semi stiff plastic, be OK as a dust cover but outside if the wind blew even a little I think you would find it down the street plus I think it will chaff the paint.:03biker:

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Okay, no constructive comments...

So, before I delete this one....

I'll add mine - Why spend $10 on something that is probably not going to last very long? Spend $50 ish and get something that will last for years. Yes, it may not fit in your pocket but that doesn't matter if it doesn't work.

When touring, I rarely even take a cover. The bike gets dirty so putting a cover on a dirty bike will just cause issues if it gets windy and the cover scratches the bike. I just wait 'til I get home and wash the bike.

Most good half covers can be compressed pretty well to around the size of a 2 liter bottle if not smaller so I would go with one of those and save my $10. Besides, shipping is probably $10 LOL

OP
OP

JD5

Well you told me so ! Thanks for giving this an extra lease on life but 3 constructive comments out of ..... well ,a lot really does kind of drive your point home Joe. The thing is i never cover my bike on rides but after a warning from the folks at Russell about keeping the seat dry to prevent moisture getting in at the stitching i wouldn't mind having a pocket sized cover stowed on the bike for those rainy days we all get caught in.I ordered one and we'll see.
THANKS AGAIN JOE BUT YEAH IT'S TIME TO PUT THIS THREAD OUT OF IT'S MISERY !

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Oh, this thread was GREAT for a lot of laughs.

Nelson Rigg UV-2000 is a GREAT cover that fits Joe's recommendation and is less than $35.
:plus1: I'm pretty sure that's the one I have as well.

Also, I think some seat manufacturer used to sell rain covers that would go over just the seat... even a trash bag would work well for that, there's enough gap that it should work in a rainy situation.. it just wouldn't breathe.

Don-STOC237

STealer
Bike
Suzuki GSX1250FA-ST
STOC #
All joking aside, I agree with Joe.

Spend 50 bucks or so and get yourself a real travel cover. Been using a Legend Line travel cover for many years, finally replaced it this year with another just like it because I could, the other one was getting a little tattered. I normally cover my bike at night when on the road, to keep prying eyes off of it more than anything, and also to keep water off the sheepskin seat cover if it rains. Mine stuffs into a stuff sack that's about 4 x 6 x 4 inches and squashes into any corner of the pannier.

Don't waste your money.

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800
I am currently without a cover. I keep thinking I should buy one. I am leaning toward the opposite direction of $9.99'er and thinking Geza is what I want. The thought of throwing a big, loose fitting, NASA poly tarp looking contraption over my little honey to be blown around in the wind and scratch the proverbial piss out of everything is not what I'm after.

We've already had that talk.. he still won't return the book.
He's probably just fixated on page 69 where they describe Toucanchew. He'll return it once he gets a bad taste in his mouth over it. :crackup :rofl1:

Muchmore

Train killer
Bike
13 BMW K1600GTL
Sorry Joe but I have to....

This is the only way I would let COOP park behind me. :D

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Is it lubricated? :rofl1:

I have a "single use" bivouac tent, it's a glorified trash bag in orange. Camp Condom? :rofl1: :rofl1:

Top Bottom