Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground shut down for now

Bike
2004 ST1300A
STOC #
Apparently the BRMC got hit extremely hard by the remnants of Fred. They posted this on their Facebook page: Dear Friends of the Campground, as of today the campground will be closed. Another flood has destroyed the bridge, cabins and other buildings. We will update as we have more news. Thank you for all of your support over the years.

Hopefully everyone is ok and they have the ability to rebuild. I've always enjoyed my time spent there.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
I just learned of this on the BRG thread, which I had planned to attend this year.
Did not realize the severity, at all.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
I just learned of this on the BRG thread, which I had planned to attend this year.
Did not realize the severity, at all.
That's the Blueridge Motorcycle Campground (they've been hit before) - not the Moonshine Campground where we hold the BRG.
I would be surprised if Moonshine had trouble unless the creek that runs through it got really up.

OP
OP
Buckeye Rich
Bike
2004 ST1300A
STOC #
From the article linked above:
J. Johnson, at Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground along the Pigeon River on U.S. 276, described the scene as “total destruction.”
“It’s pretty unreal,” Johnson said.
Flood waters did not spare the campground. Only four of 18 guest cabins are left on the property and are damaged extensively. The rest washed away in the flood waters, Johnson said.
The campground’s bath house has a water line about 3.5-feet above the floor.

Top Bottom