Boot marks on frame

IIRC, I bought a set of these and a headlight protector at the same time. They combined the shipping charges, so I either got the frame protectors shipped free or the headlight protector shipped free:). At some point I decided tracking the stuff down, spending the time and money to pick the vinyl up and make these was just not worth the modest cost.

Someone on the site made a template of these so you could roll your own. I haven't seen these for sale in the US though that doesn't mean much.

I have put them on 4 of my bikes. Look much better than boot scuffs! :D

Someone on the site made a template of these so you could roll your own. I haven't seen these for sale in the US though that doesn't mean much.

I got the templates from Joe- AKA Mr. Mellow. I have attached them herein if anyone would like them.
There is only one of each because they are identical for the left and right side- just flip them over.

Attachments

• Scuff Plate Template Grid.jpg
    Scuff Plate Template Grid.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Scuff Plate Templates.jpg
    Scuff Plate Templates.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 30
...found stick-ons on eBay but in the U.K. Can these be had in the U.S.A.? Thanks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-ST13...196601?hash=item4889d6bb79:g:QX4AAOxyOBJRCWy1

I am sure that there are American vendors of these, or that you could get them cut in the USA, but I doubt that the quality would be as good as the UK ones. I bought a set from the UK 3 years ago - they are made of very thick plastic (like a credit card, almost), and very nicely finished with razor-sharp cuts and smooth radii.

If you are picky about the looks of your bike, the UK ones are worth the money.

Michael

I thank you all for your responses; this is a great site. Going to fly with the U.K. decals that appear to be rule die cut so just peel and stick without all the aggravation of finding the correct vinyl and then a knife in my hand can be a bad thing. Saving those templates though just in case for future reference.

Back
Top Bottom