brake problem at st 1300 2009

I am facing the same problem. I had to slam on my rear brake suddenly and hard. Immediately after that I got run over and while on the expressway. After venting by the mechanic, it was back in good working order for a few days. But today the same thing happened again and I barely avoided the accident since I was again on the expressway. Apparently it is a problem of the abs. Has anyone encountered this? The 100,000 km service is approaching. Does anyone know if there are mandatory replacements of some materials?

Ryan_B

Site Supporter
Bike
2016 Honda ST1300PA
I think there is a slight language barrier here. ;)

By venting, I think you are saying you had to bleed the rear brakes to get them unlocked, and then it happened again with the next hard stop.

There could be a couple different issues with the rear brake or rear brake bracket binding, however it also could be a failing secondary master cylinder (SMC), which is somewhat common for neglected brakes.

There are many, many posts and a couple very good articles on the brake system. I highly encourage you to search them out and read carefully before tearing into your bike. I would start here:
Avoiding the Pitfalls

Good luck! I hope you get it sorted out. Don't get run over again!

Ryan

Top Bottom