Breather hose oil leak on ST1300

I have been seeing oil leak on the breather hose on my 2003 St1300. When i bought the bike the previous owner over filled the oil but I drained everything and put new oil for the right amount but still seems the oil leak is there. Can anyone help me with this?

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Are you talking about the crankcase breather hose that attaches to the underside of the airbox base?

Bike
R1200rt
How much was it over filled 3 qt or 3 oz.... makes a difference . What kind of leak are we talking about, a puddle over night or just wet maybe a drop or two?

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
The information is not clear. "Oil leak on the breather hose". Maybe a little more information.

Is the crankcase breather hose connected or slipped onto the hose barb or stub on the underside of the air box? The hose is routed down below and behind the engine. It's normal to have some minor oil accumulation in the air box and the hose directs any accumulated oil drippage onto the ground under the bike. If the hose is not connected any accumulation will fall onto the engine. There is a second hose connected to the bottom of the air box and it connects to the PAIR valve on the RH valve cover. If it is not slipped onto the hose stub on the air box it can also drip oil on the valve cover.

Top Bottom