BT021 flat spot starting to show a 3k

TMUS

MSF Instructor 32 years
Bike
2006 ST1300a(Marvin)
STOC #
I now have about 3k on a set of BT021's, the front looks fine but the rear started to look like it was wearing a flat spot about 2" wide already. Just took off the bags to wash the rear end area, looks like the rear tire is in deed flat in the center but looks like it's raised higher than the sides. Is this the different compounds show up, and the sides wearing a little faster?

Anyone else noticed this? :bigpop:

STOC #
I now have about 3k on a set of BT021's, the front looks fine but the rear started to look like it was wearing a flat spot about 2" wide already. Just took off the bags to wash the rear end area, looks like the rear tire is in deed flat in the center but looks like it's raised higher than the sides. Is this the different compounds show up, and the sides wearing a little faster?

Anyone else noticed this? :bigpop:
Geez, I have the exact opposite going. My sides are wearing faster than the middle and I am seeing a raised area about 2 inches wide in the center. What is really strange about this is that most of my miles are straight roads. My tire pressures are where they are supposed to be too. Makes me wonder if Bridgestone saw this as a problem and tweaked their compound (and went the opposite way.)

OP
OP
TMUS

TMUS

MSF Instructor 32 years
Bike
2006 ST1300a(Marvin)
STOC #
Geez, I have the exact opposite going. My sides are wearing faster than the middle and I am seeing a raised area about 2 inches wide in the center. What is really strange about this is that most of my miles are straight roads. My tire pressures are where they are supposed to be too. Makes me wonder if Bridgestone saw this as a problem and tweaked their compound (and went the opposite way.)
That is what mine are doing, looks like the sides are wearing faster, and I too noticed it after a 1500 mile two day ride to Duluth and back, mostlly straight roads too.

STOC #
Oops, I misread your post. Yes, raised area in the center is the same as I have noticed. Curiously the 021 didn't wear this way on the rear of my VFR. I think it's got something to do with the heavy weight of the ST. I am going back to the 020F next time around.

Tankereng

Site Supporter
Bike
2018 Goldwing
STOC #
3500 on my rear BT021..... no issues...even wear across the tread. Lots of commuting and some abuse in the twisties...

I got about 13K on my last set of 021s. The time from the wear bars starting to show and the cords showing is VERY SHORT - about 1000 miles IIRC.
I put on another set of 021s, but switched back to the 020s for the SPANK Rally and will probably stay with the 020s.

My opinion, YMMV, etc., etc

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT
That picture looks just like mine at 6,000. Back to the 20's when these are done - which will not be long!

Top Bottom