Cardo Packtalk Slim died

dmulk

Dan Mulkiewicz
STOC #
I have to say, Cardo seems to be a hell of a company to work with. Much more responsive than Sena. They also seem to "do the right thing" like releasing a free firmware update for the software limited Smartpacks that essentially makes them a Packtalk. They did this a couple years after they realized that the units weren't going to sell. Way to support both their vendors and customers. Pretty cool. Conversely, Sena seems to just "abandon" supporting their products and wants you to buy a new one more often than not (SR10 is a good example of this).

<D>

OP
OP
iflyvfr

iflyvfr

Eric
Bike
2007 ST1300
I do have an update. After receiving the replacement unit DOA, Cardo sent me a 2nd replacement unit. The 2nd replacement unit works fine and I was able to update the firmware to the latest 5.* version. I decided to open up the other DOA unit rather than throw it in the trash...being doing that with old electronics forever... I suspected a bad battery or something. Luckily I had the tiny screw driver needed with a star pattern. I opened the battery compartment and observed that this compartment also contains a small circuit board. Immediately, I saw a small plastic 4-wire connector was askew, at an angle, and was not properly seated. I pushed that plug back in and voila...the 2nd unit now works too. Cardo had some long hold times on the phone with tech support. They're aware of the fragility of the USB connector. In the end they were responsive to honoring a warranty. I just think they have some QC and design issues right now.

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
I do have an update. After receiving the replacement unit DOA, Cardo sent me a 2nd replacement unit. The 2nd replacement unit works fine and I was able to update the firmware to the latest 5.* version.
Which website did you use to get the update? I haven't been able to update mne as they were experiencing issues.

Top Bottom