Center of the week, Oct 7th, '26...

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Joined
Dec 4, 2012
Messages
1,392
Age
61
Location
Vienna, AuSTria
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
when you need a little booo!~st... 👻 :coffee:

836663559_17911143006556732_8563619765081325816_n.jpg

G'Day...

another clear and sunny October day @ 10°/24°C... 🌅

heating service guy just left da house, so time for another cup... <slurp> :coffee:

the natural gas boiler at ze GF's place is latest tec, indoor, wall-mounted condenser type... 🔥
annual emission check + bi-annual service mandatory and under strict responsibility of the property owner... 🧐

interesting anecdote: the guy knows my former employer... living in the same area... ;)

once the sun hit the PV modules I started dishwasher and bread-maker, so we've a fresh, crispy loaf for lunch and dinner... 🍞

Fire TV Stick is inbound (on sale for € 22,-), so that'll require setup... we'll have to see how that gadget performs...

Hump Day, made it this far, so hang in there... 😎
 
Good morning everyone

Thanks for another cuppa Martin. Ghosts? Zombies? I'm detecting the start of a theme here, but please PLEASE PLEEEEASE don't let it drift into pumpkin spice...

It's 44°F and clear in Rockville. Sometime after the sun rises at 0710 it'll warm to 73 or so. Warm days, cool nights, dry air, brilliant blue skies... about the only thing not to like about this time of year is the steadily-diminishing supply of ambient vitamin D as delivered by our local star.

Yesterday's massage was delightful. I may need to make it an event that happens more often than two or three times a year. Certainly the masseuse has that opinion, but then again she's got a vested interest.

Scotch with the two neighbors this evening is the main agenda item today. Before that, uke. Other than that...
1791368037799.png

ECS reigns.

Stay safe and well everyone and tell your dear ones you love them. Do it today, NOW, for tomorrow may be too late.
 
Morning all, and thanks for the startup, Martin.

3C and sunny here this morning. I've not left the house yet as I'm waiting for a guy to show up. Why, you ask? It's also that time of year.

image0.jpeg

Called the septic guy yesterday, he asks if I'm around today. No, I reply, and the tank cover is still buried. He says I'll be there tomorrow (today.) That meant come home, dig the cover out and get the water line repaired for out front. They appreciate having some water to help the process and clean up when done. Keep your people happy (what you have water and I didn't need to dig?) and you often get rewarded. ($)

The water line's not pretty, but it doesn't leak anymore. :) I also used my Oatley flame protector sheet between the wall and pipe, so as to not have myself a fire when using the torch. I did have a spray bottle & fire extinguisher nearby just in case.....

IMG_4374.jpeg


Back to weather and whatnot, We'll hit a high of 13 later on, still sunny. I'll decide if I want to head to work after he shows up, or if I want to take the day off to do tasks. Like Steve, I still have one window AC to remove in our bedroom, and last night we had to turn the heat on. Mrs. O hates turning the heat on for the year, both as it signals the oncoming cold, but also the outgoing $$ to the power company.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Obo.
 
Good morning, and thanks for the coffee start, Martin.
Spooky coffee for the win!

It's 30 and sunny in MA this morning, rising to 65 with a mix of sun and clouds, later. Wind will be from the SW at 10-15 mpg mph.

Yesterday, gym visit went well, and I used a little more time to walk on the Arc Trainer for some cardio.
Last weekend when I ran on the track to pick up some debris, I found myself winded, so cardio is my prescription for that.
After I hit "Post Reply", yesterday, I glanced outside and noticed the long grass, so I mowed that, after the gym. I have some Azaleas and other outside plants that need trimming, so I may do that, today.
First Tuesday was lightly attended, but we made that work.
And, after my return from First Tuesday, I removed the downstairs window AC units and stored them in the attic.

Today, I'll head for the gym, again, and probably trim brush around the house.
The pup would probably like a walk, as well.

Enjoy the day,
Steve
 
Last edited:
Good morning all
Thanks for the start, Martin.
I’m off to pick up 3 - Purple Martin houses today. Picking up my old fishing pal, on the way past his house, should be a fun excursion.
Hope this finds everyone well. (& dry too)
Your mission has gone into the toilet, Obo!
Stay safe!
WB
 
Last edited:
It's still early, but the big neighborhood star (borrowed from post above) is showing now. I dislike waking up in the dark. And I strongly dislike cold, and pumpkin spice anything.
But I'm not complaining.
(We'll see how long this lasts.)
Got a new TV last night, cheap because we only have room for a 32" in our cabinet. It's fine because we're not looking at it from 30 feet away.
15 minutes from unboxing to working with DirecTv, because the TV AND the remote needed to update firmware.
The Home Show and Barbers Vintage Fest this weekend, and maybe even the Alabama vs Georgia football game are all potential casualties of the developing tropical storm developing in the Gulf of America.
Time will tell.
Meanwhile, on more mundane matters, I was assaulted here by not one, but TWO acronyms either unfamiliar to me, or that I couldn't think of at this hour.
Second cup of coffee already, and I can't yet grasp PV (which in financial calculations is Present Value, or in piping may be polyvinyl) or ECS (which is not likely to be Engine Control System, at least in the context mentioned.)
Feel free to enlighten me, if you're so inclined.
Otherwise, they may just remain knots in my brain, obstructing the smooth passage of neuron traffic in my mind map.
Have an unconfusing day.
 
Second cup of coffee already, and I can't yet grasp PV (which in financial calculations is Present Value, or in piping may be polyvinyl) or ECS (which is not likely to be Engine Control System, at least in the context mentioned.)
Well, I don't know about ECS, but the PV in Martin's post means Photo Voltiac
 
And ECS means everyday continous shi-excrement.

I also may be known to tell a fib now and again....


@Sadlsor as for your Gulf of America tropical storm, that's too bad. For what it's worth, I hear the Gulf of Mexico has had no US headed storms since January 20th of last year.
 
G'mornin' from the office! As reported by Keith, riding in yesterday and today has been chilly, 43F/6C, but far from the worst part of the commute. I got a few sips of solar coffee before I had to jet, thanks Martin!

Rehearsals continue, I've not much time for anything else lately. The grass remains unmowed.i was lucky to get trash out. Poor princess #2 pines for a walk whenever she sees me put shoes on...maybe after we get home from tonight's rehearsal. Not much else. Wishing I was riding out to WVSTOC but nope...you guessed it...rehearsal. Take care y'all!
 
Morning all! Sunny with blue sky and a bit of high cloud. 8C right now, 18C later.

Excellent fire control Obo! I was involved in a case years ago where a fella was torching on membrane just outside of a 4 storey wooden structure that was going up. He had extinguishers in his truck but decided a 2L pop bottle of water was the better way to go. The 4 storey wooden structure went up...in flames. Millions of dollars of damage later, the fella said he thought that he saw someone inside the structure just before the fire began smoking a cigarette......:unsure:

I remember the honey wagon coming to our house when I was growing up. It was definitely an odorous event.

Hope everyone has a great day!
 
Good morning/afternoon/evening everyone and thanks Martin for the coffee.

80 degrees at 1000 hrs with no wind and the nose burning odor of Vog in the air. The closet doors are finished and I will bet another work order is waiting.

ECS Enjoy Confusing Sadlsor

Stay safe!!
 
Back
Top Bottom