Clever Uses for a Dremel

Hmmm.
Did unfutz the pinch bolt from my overly enthusiastic honda dealer last time I used it.

Mostly though for it's intended use, turning cutting wheels into sharp projectiles.

Just did a pinewood derby car last night myself, pumpkins every year and I use it in spring to sharpen the lawnmower blades without taking them off. Just lean under there and a few quick passes to get a good edge.

This is going to sound ridiculous but I use the dang thing so much I bet I go thru motor brushes at least every year.

Mine seems to do a VERY GOOD JOB at taking several layers of flesh off the tips of my fingers!

Respooled some fishing line once; gotta watch the RPMs!

Quote Originally Posted by schlep1967 View Post
One item that comes to mind is the metal track that sliding closet doors roll on, gotta cut them to length but the bent metal gives you 4 different edges for the saw to catch on.

Yes! I recently had to cut one of those without benefit of a Dremel...PITA!!!

I cut such with a SawzAll, wrap the area of the cut with a couple wraps of masking tape. I've cut many vertical blind rails that way.

I used my Dremel to get into the tight spots when polishing STick's 'luminum bits. :D

Also done the pine-wood derby cars back in the day. I think Adam still has his. :D

I have a bit which cuts both on the barrel and the flat end which is perfect for redoing the slots on a an ST1100 headlight shell to accept H4 bulbs without removing the bulb tabs. :D
Like this:
196.jpg

I use a Dremel type tool to get the cement out when one of these goes bad.

Attachments

• 597px-Hip_replacement_Image_3684-PH.jpg
    597px-Hip_replacement_Image_3684-PH.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 22
My grandson lost the key to a heavy duty lock on his Sportster. He barely dented it trying to use a hacksaw. Using a Dremel, I ground the bottom rivets off in about 3 minutes. Never will depend on a lock again. My wife drills sea glass using Dremel?s drill press and a diamond tipped drill.

I just put my dremel to rest after some 25 years of faithful use. I just bout a Milwaukee battery tool to replace it. All my Dremel tools fit too. A little more power and the batteries are incredible.
I have 3 of Milwaukee 12 volt tools and boy are they made well. Thinking of their vibrating tool next.

Todd used a Dremel to cut apart the VR/R 'lectrical connector on his junked 1100 yesterday. Two of the contacts were burned up pretty bad. All good now.

Very handy tool around the hangar/shop. I have used it many times to modify an instrument panel hole to accomodate a slightly different instrument than was originally in the plane. Also, made cut outs on top of Piper Navajo nacelles for installing long range fuel systems. That took a while and quite a few discs but made a nice neat cut you could not have duplicated with shears.

O.K., I haven't seen this mentioned- Before she passed away, I used mine to touch up my mother's dentures that weren't fitting right.

I've also used it for the more conventional uses lots of times- trimming the dog's nails, cutting holes for switches, etc. I just used it to smooth holes I had cut for the light switches on the ST.

Back
Top Bottom