Clock and Trip keep reseting

I have an 03 st that keeps reseting the clock to 1:00a.m. and the trip to 0 every time I turn off the ignition. Has anyone else ran into this problem yet. :confused:

That typically happens to me when the battery voltage is low. When I start the bike, the heavy load on the battery will drop the voltage below the critical level and will reset the computer and clock.

Another (less likely) scenario: When you set the time, remember to hit "CLOCK" one more time to back out of the programming mode. Otherwise, the computer won't keep the new time.

Unless one of the ST guru's :)bow1: ) has a new and improved explanation, that's what I've found... Can you throw your bike on a charger for a while and top it off?

I had the same problem with my '03. Battery tender on the old battery didn't help. Replaced the battery, problem fixed.

Might consider a Datel voltmeter to watch your voltage or some cheap device that you can mount to watch it. I have the Passport 8500 which has a setting you can leave on when it doesn't detect radar that displays the voltage. If it dips below 10.5V it chirps at me.

Curt

replaced battery still wasn't working. I took it in to honda for ONLY 100 dollars they replaced a fuse for me. What a bargain:eek: They had to diagnose what the problem was and find the fuse. WHATEVER

$100. Sounds like it took them about 1-1/2 hours to troubleshoot the problem.

BTW, I agree, the Datel voltmeter is a really good idea to keep tabs on your battery and bike's charging system...

attachment.php

Ray
smile04Bikerwheelie.gif

ckindhart said:
replaced battery still wasn't working. I took it in to honda for ONLY 100 dollars they replaced a fuse for me. What a bargain:eek: They had to diagnose what the problem was and find the fuse. WHATEVER

What fuse did they replace?? According to your initial post as to what you were experiencing, this don't sound right.

Last edited:
jgilmore said:
The ever helpful NormanPCN said in this thread https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7576 the following:

"The always on circuit is fused at 10A. It is labeled as "Battery" in your fuse box. Blow that fuse and you clock, trip and fuel comsumption meters will reset every time you shut the bike off."

-john

mmmokay,,,need to take a look at the "map" when I get home :).

Back
Top Bottom