Clutch slave cylinder

PmodelinUS

Site Supporter
Bike
1993 Honda ST1100
2024 Miles
I replaced my clutch slave cylinder today with a shine new one from Oberon. I followed their instructions also double checked with the shop manual. However I missed the part about noting how the hose aligns with the banjo bolt arrow.

I would assume (yes I know what that means)that the arrow if you can call it that lines up with the clutch hose.

Second I am attempting to bleed the line. I have done this once before. It seems to be bleeding however when I tried the clutch it is not disconnecting the clutch.

Help

OP
OP
PmodelinUS

PmodelinUS

Site Supporter
Bike
1993 Honda ST1100
2024 Miles
Ok thanks UP. I did that got rid of tons of air. Bleed till no more bubbles. Still won't pump up! Any ideas?

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
Try Phil's advice.

Tie the lever back to the grip and let it set overnight.

Last time around, I used the gravity method. No pumping. I swapped out the master cylinder, slave cylinder and flushed out the hose. With everything installed and the bleed valve opened about a quarter turn, I filled the reservoir. By the time I got the wrench and a rag and laid down to bleed it, it was leaking fluid. I let it drop a few more drops, closed the valve and wiped every thing down. Fired up the motor and clutch worked fine. Mainly out of guilt, I did the old pump and dump a couple times and only fluid came out. Called it good.

OP
OP
PmodelinUS

PmodelinUS

Site Supporter
Bike
1993 Honda ST1100
2024 Miles
So I have tried UP's method and got the air out of the line. However, that did seem to make it work. Been racking my brain since then trying to figure out why? Was rereading the instructions for the 1000 th time. Then I saw it. "After installing fill the slave cylinder then attach the banjo bolt and hose."

OP
OP
PmodelinUS

PmodelinUS

Site Supporter
Bike
1993 Honda ST1100
2024 Miles
Well after several tries incorrectly bleeding it I finally got it done. Amazingly it works. I was getting ready to have it taken to the shop figuring I really screwed something up. So now a through cleaning since all the Tupperware already off and we should be riding by the end of the weekend. Thanks again for the thoughts and previous posts on this. Hopefully I'm just posting pics the rest of the season.

Top Bottom