Complete OEM rear shock service captured on video

Dear colleagues. It was a hefty job and edit, but I have it online. The complete service of the original rear shock shown on video! Although it's a job that's impossible to do 'at home' yourself, the techies among us on this forum might find this quite 'nice' to see. I'm a decent technician myself and I also think I have some understanding of maintenance and repairs BUT... I'll just admit that until a few weeks ago I didn't realize how logical it actually is that something like suspension should have the same routine maintenance like changing oil, changing brake fluid, or changing coolant. Why (I think after about 30 years of motorcycling) did I not 'just' bring my springs out for maintenance in all those years?! It makes so much sense to me now. All moving parts that are constantly in action, oil gets 'dirty', air chambers that empty slowly and seals and guiding bushes that naturally wear out. As Edgar (HK suspension) aptly explains in the video: 'well, you grow a bit with it. So it goes very slowly so you just don't notice springs that start working less and less. Until you ride a bike with suspension well maintained'. And, what I will certainly tell in my next video (where I give my review between the Nivomat and this completely overhauled standard shock) I can already reveal: replacing the spring (only) is completely useless! It is about a good overhaul of the entire shock. There's nothing wrong with that standard spring!

Hope you enjoy!

Top Bottom