Consider the Rune.

motoman

Prince of Darkness
Bike
2006 ST1300A
(In my best Donald Trump voice:) It's YEWGE.

It's Weird.

It's Enormous.

It's Flashy.

It has Tons 'o chrome.

It's Impractical. (No passenger seat? :confused:)

It's Expensive.

It's no longer made.

It inhales gas.

It weighs as much as a Wing.

I want one. :eek::

Sumpin's up. I see '04's going for $17K new. Honda must be dumpin' 'em.

This thread needs pictures...

061203top.jpg

061203middle.jpg

061203middle2.jpg

061203side3.jpg

There ya go...

:D

Thaks Dave. It is to me one sweet motorcycle, but extremely unnecessary for my purposes. And I don't buy lottery tickets!!!

I was just looking at one of these at a HD shop no less in North Carolina. It was brand new, on the show room floor. The owner was a pretty cool guy, he knew some things about them.

Only made for 2 years, it's an 1800cc, first year they made 1,000 and second they made 800 (could have those amoutns backwards)... but the total: 1800... coincidence?

I think they're pretty cool bikes. Very unusual, definately a conversation starter. I"d bet they are chick magnets too ;) Don't know where you'd put her though lol.

I couldn't afford one but if I could have a few bikes it would be fun to have one.

A friend of mine's parents were both avid GL riders. Her father saw a Rune and bought it on the spot. Her mother found one several months later when her GL had a flat outside of a little town in Northeast Texas. Supposedly, it had been sitting there for years, brand new on the dealer's floor, and she got it for a song. They are both rather on the short side but have no problems with the Rune. They take frequent trips to Minnesota on them and love the bikes.

Fred :03biker:

So, how would ya feel if ya paid full price for a Rune, and now Honda is dumping the left-overs?

I've always liked the look but would never consider actually owning one.

Very weird looking, I agree. We have one at Niehaus Cycles and I took it out for what I planned to be a short ride. However......I was realy impressed with the power that engine has. I don't know what they did to the Wing engine, but that thing has tremendous roll on power. Pin the throttle at 70 mph and it really takes off. My short ride turned into a 30 mile jaunt before I was ready to bring it back. Still wouldn't buy one, but it really is fun to ride.

Back
Top Bottom