Cool knees

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
Nicely done! I'm always glad to learn of new materials to use in my farkeling. :)

Da Bear

Ask me about my cat...
Bike
'03 ST1300
If ya can't find 'em, then build 'em!
Welcome from Alabama, where it never gets hot.
No, it just gets so humid there that at times your clothes that you hung out to dry just reach the same level of moisture as the atmosphere. You folks hang your clothes out to damp...

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
That is true.
After a thunderstorm earlier this week, I had no need to wear rain gear on the ride home.
When I pulled into the driveway, everything I was wearing next to my skin, was sticking to me... top to bottom.

Da Bear

Ask me about my cat...
Bike
'03 ST1300
That is true.
After a thunderstorm earlier this week, I had no need to wear rain gear on the ride home.
When I pulled into the driveway, everything I was wearing next to my skin, was sticking to me... top to bottom.
Back in 1975 I had a CB400F, my best friend since the 3rd grade had a KZ400, and another friend had a Triumph Bonnevile. That summer the three of us set off on an epic challenge; SF to NY. No more than an hour in NY and head home. We went through Alabama at night, I swear the humidity cut my top speed by 1/3. I felt like I was driving through a semi-viscous fluid...
But that was nothing compared to the year I spent in Hotlanta one week...
I swear you can measure the air in Hotlanta with a Zahn Cup...

Last edited:

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
Speaking of CB400F's, here's my 1975 that my dad bought new.

Lovely! Hope to have its mate in varnish blue in my garage in some number of months... (don't ask how many!) Undergoing long overdue restoration.

I bought mine in 1981? Second owner. I've got the receipt here somewhere... <checks pockets>

Da Bear

Ask me about my cat...
Bike
'03 ST1300
Speaking of CB400F's, here's my 1975 that my dad bought new.

In June of 1977, I killed a guy on a 750-Four. I was on a bike identical to this one. I broke two vertebrae (L-1, L-2), and an ankle. He ran a red and had so many drugs in his system, his blood had street value. I was ATGATT; he was wearing shorts, a tank-top, flip-flops and a tennis visor.
I ordered my replacement 400-four from my hospital bed...
I'd have been injured less but for the fact that I landed on my back, on an 8" tall concrete berm around a flower bed... On the other side of that flower bed was the hospital...

Da Bear

Ask me about my cat...
Bike
'03 ST1300
Don't look too surprised; that hospital knew me so well, they had a cup in the lounge with my name on it. As they wheeled me into the ER one of the nurses yelled "OH SH!T, IT'S BRAD!"

Top Bottom