Disk lock - Lockitt

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
I have to store my R1200RT and my ST1300 outdoors under cover. With my ST1300 I used a Kryptonite U-lock through the front wheel for security.
I wanted something that was a bit more portable for the RT.
I found this disk lock from Lockitt:
It is astoundingly solid. The thing that sold me on this is the fact that the round end is free to rotate so it's really hard, perhaps impossible to get a grip on it.

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
Get some brightly colored nylon line (or equivalent) and make two loops on each end. Put one loop around the lock when it's on the disk and put the other loop somewhere up around the handlebars.

The goal is to remind you / prevent you from starting to drive off with the brake lock still in the disk!

Use the same stuff you would for your parking puck to make it easy to pickup when on the bike ;)

OP
OP
DavidR8

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Get some brightly colored nylon line (or equivalent) and make two loops on each end. Put one loop around the lock when it's on the disk and put the other loop somewhere up around the handlebars.

The goal is to remind you / prevent you from starting to drive off with the brake lock still in the disk!

Use the same stuff you would for your parking puck to make it easy to pickup when on the bike ;)
Yup, that's my practice.

Reactions: Obo
Top Bottom