Dunlop 220 tire deal

cworley5150

V-4 Convert
It seems this thread has gone a little off the path of the original post and is turning into another tire/mileage thread. So . . . I seem to get pretty much the same mileage out of any tire I use. 4-5k for the rears and 6-7k for fronts. I am amazed at the mileage some get out of their tires. There are so many variables that it is really hard to tell what makes a tire like a Z6 go 10K for one rider and 4k for another. I can only dream of getting 10k out of a set of tires.

Has anyone ever done a poll to research tire usage/mileage results on here? It would be interesting to see how different riding habits, road conditions, load conditions, tire pressures, etc. effect mileage.

cworley5150

V-4 Convert
If you search the site, you'll find many running Z6's either both front/rear or in combo with another tire. From the people I've talked to and this site, the Z6 gets great traction but very short lifespan on the ST.

The Z6 has long been a favorite tire for me. Probably about the best all around tire I have tried. I would like to try the new Z6 Interact to see if there is any improvement in mileage.

cworley5150

V-4 Convert
Everyone seems to love the traction of them...stick like glue they say. 4 - 6k is all that most seem to get out of them, though, with the occasional set getting a few more.

You're dead on about variables so I don't dare tell anyone what is the 'best' tire. I would recommend trying the STorms if you haven't though. For me, they get better mileage than the PR's, better traction, and cost less.

A bicycle tire is better than a Dunflop.

I haven't tried the Storms on the ST, but I ran a set on my BMW. I only got 3500 miles out of the rear. That was on a trip in the hot and humid southeast in July though. Lots of western NC mountain roads and hard riding combined with that heat probably ate them up faster than my normal commuting and day rides would have. Loved the feel of the tires when they were new. They felt really strange the last 1000 miles or so. Cool looking tire too.

cworley5150

V-4 Convert
Karen- The D220's are just fine. I have only had the fronts give me a couple of high pucker level moments. That was either in the rain or on cold roads and I was riding a much sportier bike than the ST much faster than I should have been for the conditions at the time. As long as the deals are out there on the Dunlops I will continue to use them too. Eventually they will probably disappear as the Roadsmarts take over.

I would love to get those mileage numbers out of D220's.

Last edited:
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
I just found this deal on ebay, Dunlop D220 $149.95 per set plus shipping. My shipping is $42.95. High on the shipping, but still under $200 per set.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DUNLOP-D220-Tire-Set-Honda-ST1300-02-09-NEW-TIRES_W0QQitemZ280326052410QQihZ018QQcategoryZ35596QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I almost picked up a set just to have incase someone traveling through needed one in an emergency. Just not happy enough with the set I had on when bought new. They cupped pretty bad. I would rather spend the extra $40 and get a set of 020F's

Top Bottom