Dunlop Sportmax Qualifiers - Tires

Phartz

Pat Thompson
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
Do they come in sizes for the ST? For the 1300, anyway, the Dunlop website lists either Roadsmarts (which I use and like) or the OEM D220 (which I haven't heard of anybody liking) as proper fitment. No mention of the Sportmax Qs.

:06biker: :06biker: :06biker:

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I have a friend that ran Qualifiers on his FJR. He got only about 3000 out of a rear tire.

Bike
ST1300
Okay... I put my second set of RoadSmarts on last week. When I first saw the tires I questioned my vendor/installer because the paper tag on the tires said RoadSmart/Qualifier ... but the sidewall only says RoadSmart. I don't think there really is a 'Qualifier' in the RoadSmart line...I think the paper tag is simply an error.

Got just over 13,000 miles on my rear tire.

Now... for those that have ridden the RoadSmart and wondered just how they feel SO STICKY when you lean into a good turn. It's not just because the rubber compound is softer... the sidewall area in the secondary compound is softer too. So when you lean away from the center part of the tread the contact patch actually is increasing in size. I'd estimate the gain is about 20% more surface on the road in a moderate lean and maybe 30 percent in a really deep lean.... at least that's what it looked liked when I experimented with the old/dismounted tire.

I took a good look at the inside of the tire because even after 13,000 miles the ability to stick in a corner was impressive. When I stood the tire up and press on it to simulate a typical road load and looked down at the contact patch growing larger as the tire leaned away ... Well, I was just happy the engineers are smarter than I am.. !! :bow1:

Top Bottom