Earthlink Internet Service ?

Bike
2010 ST1300
Anybody get your internet from Earthlink? How is their service? How is their CUSTOMER SERVICE?

If you read my recent thread, I'm considering a change.

David Fyffe

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 ST1300/1978 GL
In my area earthlink was cable internet without cable tv by comcast.net.
It was done away with.
Now it is comcast.net

OP
OP
Bike
2010 ST1300
In my area earthlink was cable internet without cable tv by comcast.net.
It was done away with.
Now it is comcast.net
I'll check that out, thanks. Looking for internet services in my area yielded EarthLink fiber. But no TV is ok. All I want is internet and VOIP for a 'land line'. A cust service rep said they could provide that for about half of what we are now paying, hence I want to know about their cust service in case problems crop up.

Bike
VFR750F, ST1300
By “no TV”, do you guys mean no cable TV feed? With internet-access only you have over 10000 TV channels to chose from. Can use computer to access streaming sites and play on TV screen. Or use dedicated internet TV appliance. My local Home Depot has this for 50% off.

Bike
2006 ST1300
Just signed up for Kinetic Fiber, we have Kinetic DSL, and frankly, it sucks- every time it rains, we h ave to reset it over and over again. Have had them out here at least 3 times to fix it, to no avail Hoping the fiber version will be better, and for only 15$ more a month. We are unfortunately in an area where we only have two options...Comcast/Infinity ( with a whopping 1500-2000 $ to install) or Kinetic/Windstream.
I guess we'll see.

Not yet, but I'm definitely considering expanding my digital toolkit. Currently, I rely heavily on the internet at home, especially for Clerk Chat https://clerk.chat/industries/call-center/, as the shift to remote work during the pandemic has become the new norm for me. It's remarkable how technology enables us to seamlessly manage customer service tasks from the comfort of our homes, ensuring continuity and efficiency in our operations.

Last edited:

diferg

Dan & Ingrid
Bike
2006 ST 1300
just returned/canceled T-Mobile internet service. It is a really ALMOST good system $50.00 per month forever. I live about 1.5 miles from their tower and the download speed varied from 2 mbps to a blistering 36 mbps, with the occasional 0 mbps for about 2 to 4 hours at a time (0mbps was not frequent but was very real when it happened).

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
I had EarthLink for years via Spectrum cable. No complaints with service, but didn’t have much reason to call them.

Spectrum and EarthLink divorced a few years ago meaning in order to keep it I would have to go back to DSL. I had to let it go and just go with Spectrum. I don’t like them as well as I did EarthLink.

ReSTored

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Tracer GT
STOC #
We are unfortunately in an area where we only have two options...
Curious, is Starlink an option for you.

In the city we have cable internet, runs at 1.5 GBPS, for $66 a month. At cottage we have satellite internet running at 25 MBPS for $141., a ripoff compared to city cost. People in the area around cottage seem happy with Starlink which runs at about 100 MBPS and is about $120 a month.

Top Bottom