eBay Carb Kit

Has anyone used this kit? Are the float bowl gaskets very good. I need to clean my carbs and the dealer wants $100+for bowl gaskets.

All Balls Carburetor Rebuild Kit Honda ST1100, ST1100A 1997-2002

Attachments

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Has anyone used this kit? Are the float bowl gaskets very good. I need to clean my carbs and the dealer wants $100+for bowl gaskets.

All Balls Carburetor Rebuild Kit Honda ST1100, ST1100A 1997-2002
I used this set to rebuild my spare carb set. All the little bits fit well and seem to be well made. I'm in the process of swapping out the carbs, hoses and tubes on my 1991 so I can't comment on how it works yet.

Smudgemo

Intermodal Man of Mystery
Bike
'08 GS / '78 CB550
Why buy all the parts when you aren't going to need most of them? I just rebuilt a set that pretty much only needed bowl gaskets, and even then, I wasn't sure they needed to be replaced. You can buy a lot of individual OEM parts like jets and gaskets at this place: https://www.jetsrus.com/ and only get what you need. The guys in the know at the SOHC4 (old CBs) forum hate and advise against aftermarket jets, and while I haven't seen that same level of hate here, OEM doesn't cost that much more and you know they work. But, your jets are probably fine unless things are really corroded - get a gallon of Berrymans carb cleaner and soak off the crud. It's not as aggressive as the old stuff they sold once upon a time, but it still works well. I'd mostly be hoping the air cut and piston membranes are in good shape as opposed to the brass. They are far more delicate and expensive.

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Why buy all the parts when you aren't going to need most of them? I just rebuilt a set that pretty much only needed bowl gaskets, and even then, I wasn't sure they needed to be replaced. You can buy a lot of individual OEM parts like jets and gaskets at this place: https://www.jetsrus.com/ and only get what you need. The guys in the know at the SOHC4 (old CBs) forum hate and advise against aftermarket jets, and while I haven't seen that same level of hate here, OEM doesn't cost that much more and you know they work. But, your jets are probably fine unless things are really corroded - get a gallon of Berrymans carb cleaner and soak off the crud. It's not as aggressive as the old stuff they sold once upon a time, but it still works well. I'd mostly be hoping the air cut and piston membranes are in good shape as opposed to the brass. They are far more delicate and expensive.
You never know what you will need for sure other than bowl gaskets. At the price this kit was (from a usually reliable distributor) it didn't make sense to me to risk interrupting the job for a week or two awaiting additional parts if needed.
If I were to completely disassemble, clean and inspect parts and order only the ones I need, I would only order those parts. But....I have found that 'someone' always jumbles the parts while I'm doing something else.

Smudgemo

Intermodal Man of Mystery
Bike
'08 GS / '78 CB550
Down-time is a good point, but I'll note that my experience with the jets r us guy was that my Mon order showed up before the weekend. I'm in CA and he's in MO, so it was fast. I think he also sells the air cuts but not sure about the slides, so you might want to figure out where to get that stuff just in case. Those being bad were my biggest worry as they cost the most.

But....I have found that 'someone' always jumbles the parts while I'm doing something else.
Ain't that the truth. And I made a point to keep everything separated in various sizes of ziplock baggies and ice cream containers. Still got confused a couple of times and almost mixed things up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom