Happy New Years!
Shytown-

Last edited by a moderator:

Tankereng

Site Supporter
Bike
2018 Goldwing
STOC #
Well, I'm sure someone here can help but by now you've noticed that this site is focused on the HONDA ST1100 and ST1300....lots of folks here have other rides as well ...:D

OP
OP

Shytown

you check under the gas tank?
Sad part, is there are no screws to remove the seat,,,that was my thought,,,but then again i cant find screws? i will do an internet search, i had trouble on another site, and i am here now!

Onicabbit

Tailess Cabbit!
Site Supporter
Bike
18 Goldwing Tour
STOC #
Spencer if you got the manual what page for instructions to remove the seat to get access to the battery.

STOC #
Information provided by a Triumph RAT forum member ......

"Just remove the seat, its positioned under the riders seat.
to do so, just lift the end of the seat next to back of the seat cowl and you`ll see 2 x 5mm allen head button screws, unscrew those (don`t fully remove them) and tap the seat backwards to loosen the "hook" that holds the seat to the frame (I usually just tap with the ball of my hand next to the hump, and it`ll slide 1/2" or less), and lift the seat off. total time to do it 20-30 seconds.

To Replace the seat, put the seat back in place, & slide the seat forwards to re-engage the "hook". now the (not so) difficult bit Then tighten up the 2 allen head button screws, this last bit causes some people a lot of headaches, as they try to force the bolts back into place and fail. because the bolts screw into 2 clips, and if you force the bolts, they won`t bite the thread, but just bend the clips. This is the cause of so many seat discussion threads on here

Oh and finally, take a quick look at the 2 rubber bobbins under the riders seat, to see if they`ve located correctly in the cut outs of the cowl either side of the battery, as occasionally the edges catch the seat cowl whilst the seat being replaced, and this can cause them to crack the cowl when the rider jumps on
"

Top Bottom