Helmets Face Shield Tint

Might not work behind a helmet visor, as UV light get's blocked, at least reduced...
The newer transitions lenses work inside cars also. I have transition lenses and have a lightly mirror tinted AGV shield. Nice combo. I don't have to change glasses or screen for night. Never thought of tunnels, however. I used to ride through tunnels a lot in Japan, but had narrow lensed glasses that I could pull down lower on my nose like grand-dad reading glasses for inside tunnels. The transition lenses darken quickly but take longer to lighten again.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
The curve of a given shield might make applying tinting a little problematic. That Sunblocker product looks interesting. Positioning is key though especially if you ride at night. I used black electrician's tape to make an arc across my clear shield. But I put it a little too low and had to ride with my head really cranked up to see downrange. I fixed that at the next rest stop.

But a helmet with the Steve Canyon visor is really worth the money. I can lower the visor (not shield) a skosh and it makes an excellent shade. Of course drop it down all the way and it's really great.

I wear Rx sunglasses so the visor plus sunglasses is perfect on the open road. A little too dark on shaded curves though. Another nice plus is riding with the face shield fully open to get some cool air but keeping the visor down to protect the eyes from debris and drying wind.

Top Bottom