Finally Friday...

Joined
Jan 15, 2020
Messages
1,279
Age
69
Location
Birmingham, Alabama
Bike
2008 ST1300A
I think I'm safe starting this one.
It's 0412 local time in Bremen GA, 0312 my time but I'm not there yet.
Another 80 miles or so, been a long night.
Pulled out of the driveway late -- 2000 hours, by the time I gathered all my tools, got gas in the tank, went by Uhaul to get two parts I didn't need.... and couldn't find my RJ-45 crimper, so had to swing into Home Despot for a new pair.
Didn't need them, either.
30 miles out of Birmingham, was in gridlock when ALDOT was repving I-20 East to Atlanta / Kennesaw.
I checked the weather.
But I didn't check the traffic.
An hour to creep 8 miles. Or maybe 6 miles.
It was a nightmare, and if ever there was a time for lane splitting... oh well.
Got to Kennesaw at 0200 ET, where a kitchen computer and display wasn't getting power.
When I spoke to the dispatcher the day before, I specifically asked if the circuit was energized. And that they had had a couple of breakers tripping, to which I replied "I can fix or replace computers, but I'm not an electrician. Have you called the company's electrical contractors?"
Nah, they didn't want to. Just go out there.
I called the manager at the store to verify they still had the problem before driving 6 hours all night.
I didn't take the tools or parts in, just went with my multimeter.
Yup.
No power at either AC receptacle.
Nothing else for me to do here.
Easy money.
But I still got to get me home, ETA 0500 CT.
I was just interrupted - in a good way - by 2 local guys, on on a Harley and the other on a Valkyrie. They cam by to see the GSA and trailer while I was drinking coffee.
If y'all hurry, I'll buy you a cup of Love's Colombian. I think that's the best they got.
Black Rifle when I get back home... then go to work.
No rest for the wicked.
Have a great Friday, while I try to stay awake all day.
 

Attachments

  • 20261002_040619.jpg
    20261002_040619.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 20261002_040601.jpg
    20261002_040601.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 14
Good morning everyone

Thanks for the early truck stop brew, Mark. Sorry you were sent on a fool's errand. Safe travels the rest of the way home.

It's 63°F and clear in Rockville, but will cloud over this evening and present chances - less than 50/50 - of light rain showers between 1800 and midnight.

That won't affect me, though, unless the rain extends all the way to King of Prussia PA where I'll be at a ukulele festival this afternoon and tomorrow. Before I get there, though, I'll drop Mrs. Fun at her sister's place. I'll return there on Saturday evening then come home- probably alone- on Sunday. Mrs. Fun will remain behind for a few more days but not all that long- certainly nothing like the three-plus weeks each she spent in July and August / September.

Stay safe and well everyone and tell your dear ones you love them. Do it today, NOW, for tomorrow may be too late.
 
Good morning and thanks for the coffee start, Mark.

It seems like everyone is going somewhere...
We're on our way to London for the penguin school and racing, tomorrow.

It's 64 and mostly cloudy, but there will be more sun as the temperature rises to 80.

Yesterday's car club day went well, and they gave me a trainee to hang out with at turn 10.
All was fine, until a Miata smashed nose first into the water filled interlocking plastic barriers that we call Legos. They didn't have time to call for a black flag to stop, when an open cockpit MG drove through the water, spun out, and almost ended up on his "roof". The driver actually pushed the ground away to help his car back to 4 wheels while seated.
Since it was close to the end and cleanup would take awhile, we went home early.

We're looking forward to a quiet last motorcycle weekend, but are prepared for anything.

Have a great day,
Steve
 
Morning all! Broken cloud with the sun doing its best to poke through. 12C now, 17C later, 30% chance of rain throughout the day including for the ride home.

The day will be spent wrestling with riparian rights and the intersection with indigenous title. It's actually quite interesting and includes chasing down historical title grants to see what rights were and weren't given along with title. An inner nerd lies deep within every lawyer.

Hope you make it home safely Mark and hope everyone has a great day!
 
Morning Mark & All from sunny, Southern Utah!

Currently it is 71F, up from 44F and heading for 83F. No breeze yet, later the winds will be out of the W @8 to 9mph.

I took the Taco in for an oil change and tire rotation. Just in time for us to be heading back to SoCal on Tuesday, for dental checkups. The big problem down there will be the heat. It's expected to be above 100F, the three days we'll be there.

Today, I got a kitchen pass to head down to the ST George airport, where they have a fly-in of a bunch of old military planes, including a B17. I'll take the :bl13: down and try to skirt most of the town because they have a bunch of activities going on in ST George this weekend.

Boiled eggs, bacon, toast, OJ & Lemon Tea, to start the morning. Pepsis will have to wait, because I'll have my limit down at the airport. ;)

Anyone :bk13:, have great day on the roads! :hat3:
 
G'dafternoon from the office! It's been a day or two, but I've been peeking in trying to keep tabs on y'all. Just finished lunch after an early outing for volleyball. Otherwise a slow day, so extra shots would be and are appreciated, thanks Mark!

I've been away yet around, but not a lot of excitement. Rehearsals continue, we open in 2 weeks and I'm still not off book. The chainsaw is running again. The weather's been very nice this week, with chilly rides in the morning and hot traffic afternoons. And the friend's JD is still here after he had to cancel the pick-up yesterday.

All is well. Take care y'all!
 
Good afternoon again, new computer shenanigans this morning is the cause of my tardiness. Thanks for the truck stop mud Mark, Mark!!!
I'll bet he's asleep with his forehead on the desk.

It is overcast and 81 degrees at 10:30 with a 80% chance of sunshine. Nose to the wheel with house projects, someone please go have fun!

Stay safe!!
 
Back
Top Bottom