Suits Firstgear Thermo One Piece Suit

Bike
'04 ST1300
Anyone have thoughts on this garment? I stopped in at Bert's in Azusa yesterday looking to try on some gloves. I found one sort of in my size on the clearance rack. $37!!!!! I'll need to shorten the legs but I've had to do that with all my gear. Couldn't pass it up even if it sucks and I only use it for rainy days.

I'm just wondering how it preforms in the real world. If people like it etc.

- Don

OP
OP
dmr139
Bike
'04 ST1300
Holy cow, I can't believe you found one that cheap! I've had one for a season. Its waterproof for short, light showers. It's strength is its TOASTY warm. I could never keep myself warm once I got off the ST and onto the Ninja. This fixed that!
So did you try anything to try to make it more waterproof? Does it leak along the seams or just through the material?

i did a lot of research before i bought mine, which i just received yesterday...... but all the reviews i read, said toasty and waterproof.....none of them ever said it let water in..... and BTW... at $37 i hate you :)

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
The wife and I have used them for a couple years now, they are more of a snowmobile type suit, they will keep you dry in a very light rain, for a short period of time, if you have a bike with a shield.
The seams are what let water in around the crotch area. They are toasty warm however, I've often just worn bicycle shorts and a t-shirt under mine. Keep in mind they are just a shell and offer no protection
whatsoever if you fall. The only down side on mine, is the puffy legs and cuffs melt to the mufflers the moment you put two feet down at a stop sign. Once that happens the suit is toast. My first one I tried to
repair with a tent repair kit, with only so so results. The newest versions of these suits have cloth like material around the calf area.
Not a bad find for that price.

Top Bottom