For you Goldwingers....

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
I had to replace the front brake rotors on my 2006 wing this past month... well the problem surfaced last year while riding two up and pulling a trailer in Colorado last year, I'm just now getting around to it. Mother Honda wanted $254.00 apiece for the rotors. Checking around I found these on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Wotefusi-Fron...1462913340&sr=8-1&keywords=GL1800+brake+disks

They were shipped from China... projected date when I ordered them on April 29 was May 26 - June 5. Well I ordered them anyway as I had some time to work with. They arrived on May 6th...yippie! The quality was every bit as good as the OEM and work perfectly. Just thought I would throw it out there in case you were ready to waste some coin on the OEM.

So today... I replace the rotors, installed a new battery, new plugs, coolant flush... Ready to ride for the season!

Vinny let us know how the rotors wear. Do you use OEM or EBC pads?

I had to replace the rear rotor on my ST due to EBC pads. Will only run OEM from now on. YMMV

I had to replace the rear rotor on my ST due to EBC pads. Will only run OEM from now on. YMMV
Been running EBC ceramics on my 1100 for a while, all is well. They provide better stopping than the OEM's.
Picked up a new rear rotor from a high volume Honda dealer a while back... they do trike conversions and sell off the parts pretty cheap. The rear rotor cost me $50....

I had to replace the rear rotor on my ST due to EBC pads

This is why I asked. I put EBC pads on my Sabre and the stopping power was great but the rotors started showing signs of wear. I met a guy at the Skywest Trading Post (a big stopping place for riders) with the identical bike and pads. His rotors were badly chewed up.

Since the durability of this new rotor is an unknown factor at this point I was wondering if/how EBCs would affect that. I can't remember if ceramic pads were an option for my bike or wallet way back when.

Since the durability of this new rotor is an unknown factor at this point I was wondering if/how EBCs would affect that.

Well, I have about 10K miles on these rotors now since my recent trip. With the EBC pads, there is no appreciable wear... when I ran my fingers over the rotors, they are very smooth with no grooving and there is no ridge at the pad line. Guess we can say this was a good purchase. I'm happy!

Link didn't work, but I put a set of Chinese rotors on the FJR. I thought they were great, and the vent slots help dissipate heat very well. Braking power was same or actually better than OEM. I always use OEM pads, EBC's didn't suit me or stop as well. Just bought another set of Chinese rotors for a spare set of wheels I have.

Back
Top Bottom