freak accident at barbers

Bike
2012 ST1300A
Story is the course worker spotted a dead bird on-track and ran out to remove it. The gal riding a hot lap hit the worker, both died. I'm sure there will be some formal review.

Godspeed, what a tragic accident.

maxib

I'm working on it...ok?
A good friend of mine was practicing for the upcoming race when this happened, and reported what he saw to me. As might be assumed, this really ruined everyone's day. Further info makes this more tragic.

The official INITIAL report involves a dead bird, but ... a dislodged knee puck has now been mentioned... and debris flags, caution flags and any other warning flags were not reported as of yet.

No matter what happened, it is TRAGIC that this happened. Godspeed to both, and I am saying prayers for the third one involved.

Please go here post #13 for more info.

Last edited:

acara1796

AHRMA Racer, Advanced MC Instructor
Site Supporter
Bike
07 ST1300
STOC #
Truly Sad :(

...and so so avoidable. Having been involved with and working at tracks in the corners. One thing you do not ever ever do is be on the track when it is hot.

Last edited:
RIP to the riders and prayers go out to both families. My wife and I do 7 to 8 trackdays a year and had seen both the rider and her husband in the paddock area at Little Talladaga last summer, although I don't know either one of them. The sad thing is that this could have been TOTALLY AVOIDED. There is no reason whatsoever for ANYONE to go out on a "hot" track.

Bike
1999 ST1100
I have worked on race tracks and you never...NEVER..run out on the track!
Terrible thing to have happen on a "fun" day...:(

Top Bottom