Front air guards.

Hi guys
Got a 96 AT and saw a couple of these air guards, and even though I've stripped her down in the past I've never seen them so thought they were some sort of farckle to reduce air disturbance behind the fairing.
Anyone got any experience of them, how and where they fit?

OP
OP
JamesHS
Not the deflectors that are on top of the wing mirrors. These are listed on the Cowel diagram as left and right front air guards.

OP
OP
JamesHS
Those are just inside under the gas tank cover to the left and right of the steering stem.
I take mine out so I get better air flow and more space to add stuff. :biggrin:
Thanks Phil, I'll have a look. Would seem the previous owner of my bike followed your example!

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
Having an aux fuel cell isn't just for IBR riders . . . it's nice to have all the time! Sometimes it's nice to use just a little bit over stock to avoid one additional stop before quitting for the day. It's also nice when out for a day ride with cruisers and small bike riders and you just pull over to the side while the refill! :cool:

Shuey
What's a Cowel diagram? Something like a Venn diagram?
Yeah, sorta except there isn't an another intersecting circle.

Hound

Cave Canem
Bike
2004 ST1300PA
STOC #
The schematic of the cowel
Oh the cowl. I though maybe Simon Cowell had invented some new kind of diagram. ;)

I think the ST1100 is so over-engineered that you can take quite a few bits out of it and it will have no ill-effects.

Uncle Phil is the undisputed Curator King of ST1100s - you can rely on his advice!

Top Bottom