Front rotor options?

Bike
2004 ST1300
Long story short I dropped the bike in the garage. Bike landed on the scissor lift in my garage and bent the otherwise perfectly fine front rotor. As I'm finding out they're almost $250 a piece and it's best to replace in pairs. So with pads I'm looking at about $700 worth of brake parts - ouch! :(

Anyone know where I can find a used right side rotor or are there cheaper alternatives out there. Excellent brakes of the ST was the reason I traded in my Ninja 650R for this bike (non-ABS) for two up riding but certainly didn't expect how expensive the parts are.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. How many miles are on your ST?

I don't think I would have a problem just replacing the one rotor and reusing the existing brake pads. EBC makes a replacement rotor or you could probably find a used OEM on ebay to cut down on costs

OP
OP
Bike
2004 ST1300
Thanks John. I ended up ordering two sets of EBC pads and one EBC rotor, total $265 out the door - required some price comparison shopping but not too bad.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Thanks John. I ended up ordering two sets of EBC pads and one EBC rotor, total $265 out the door - required some price comparison shopping but not too bad.
I wouldn't think there would be a problem with the aftermarket rotor, or the oem rotor, I just don't think I'd run two different ones. At least you didn't mess up the left side one with the SMC unit, or you'd be spending more money.

OP
OP
Bike
2004 ST1300
What's the SMC unit? The EBC part no for the rotors is the same left or right so I hope I didn't mess up ordering the correct part. Mine's a non-ABS model.

Top Bottom