Fuel leak.

Working on my 1992 ABS, have fuel flowing freely from the part in photo. Can't find the part in my Honda manual. Only leaks when bike is running. 20230219_160720.jpg

Bike
2000 ST1100
That's your vacuum valve. You'll have to replace it or repair it. Some just remove it as bike will run without it. Some one will be along shortly and tell you how to remove it and reconfigure it. When mine leaked I replaced it for $144.00.

OP
OP
Kind of new to the forum, where do I find these repair instructions? Looks like a simple bypass. Like when your heater core goes out in your car/truck.

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
For those that retain the vac. valve, a snubber is an option. It is suppose to, reduce the fluctuations in the line. A link to a sample, verify your hose dia. before buying.

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Your 1100 is just a year newer than mine. We are riding antique vehicles that will have antique ailments. While manuals help with all manner of things, they are mostly used for post-mortem instructions and not the preventative measures they were intended to be. Some previous owners are diligent, others not so much or not at all. Some mechanically neglectful PO's were excellent riders so there is no outward evidence of neglect. Some should never approach a tool, there is usually some evidence of that. There are several informative 'documentaries' on refurbishing ST1100's to be found under the 'Search' function, top right of this screen. I'm not saying you need to rip it apart and replace everything like I did, just check them out and be aware of some of the issues you may encounter with yours. There are far more potential leaky things and causes that you should inspect for every time you have the plastic removed.

Top Bottom