Garmin and Tyre Issue Resolved

ReSTored

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Tracer GT
STOC #
Updated to a new version of Tyre and had an issue with routes downloaded from Tyre to my Garmin 2555 LMT.

Went to Trip Planner and attempted to load a route, would only indicate first and last waypoint and route did not work properly.

Found solution to this on Adventure Rider, as per below. After I unchecked "Use Route Tracks" routes loaded as they did in the past with all waypoints indicated.

https://advrider.com/f/threads/tyre-garmin-programming-issue.1288027/
Ran across an issue using newer versions of TYRE, and I am hoping that one of the GPS gurus here can point me in the right direction.

For the past several years, I have been using TYRE to program routes to use on a Garmin 3450LM. It doesn't do custom routes in the way that a Zumo does, but as long as I place my waypoints strategically I am good to go.

One feature that I kind of liked is that you could "re-route" yourself if needed by tapping on the upper part of the Garmin's screen, getting a list of upcoming turns and waypoints, and picking a waypoint later in the route.

Recently, however, I tried a newer version of TYRE and instead of giving me the list of all of the turns and waypoints, it gives me the first waypoint and then the last waypoint. Returning to the older version of TYRE restores the older functionality.

Pretty sure that it is a setting (and probably a "feature" to help us when we miss a non-critical waypoint) but I really liked the old way.

Any suggestions?

-----------------------------------
UPDATE/SOLUTION:

As suspected, it was an issue with the settings in TYRE.

To have the Garmin display the entire list of waypoints, I unchecked "Use route tracks".

Thanks to all for the suggestions
- RightD
-----------------------------------

Back
Top Bottom