GEICO Motorcycle customers here?

Bike
2003 Goldwing
STOC #
Based on comparing American Family (current home & auto insurance), State Farm and GEICO; GEICO is the cheapest.

So I'm wondering how many riders here have GEICO and have you had any negative issues with them.

Thanks!

Bike
BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
Based on comparing American Family (current home & auto insurance), State Farm and GEICO; GEICO is the cheapest.

So I'm wondering how many riders here have GEICO and have you had any negative issues with them.

Thanks!
You didn't mention Progressive. In my research just last week, Progressive was considerably less than all the ones you mentioned, including GEICO...and Progressive had better coverage limits (i.e., up to $500k versus the $300k limit for GEICO).

Don't mean to hijack the thread right off the bat, but thought you may want to check out Progressive in your area as well.

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
Do a search on GEICO and you'll find numerous threads about them in particular and insurance in general.

--Mark

Bike
"ST1300" 2005
STOC #
I think you will find that MC insurance will vary by location of country and if you live in a city and also your age. I have checked a lot of insurers in this area and most are all close in price.
Larry

Smallville

Scott
Bike
2022 KLR 650 Adv
STOC #
You didn't mention Progressive. In my research just last week, Progressive was considerably less than all the ones you mentioned, including GEICO...and Progressive had better coverage limits (i.e., up to $500k versus the $300k limit for GEICO).

Don't mean to hijack the thread right off the bat, but thought you may want to check out Progressive in your area as well.
+1. Progressive here.
American Family was cheaper for my VTX but not with the ST.

+1 for Progressive. I swapped from Geico after a unsatisfactory experience with their customer service dept.

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
I totaled 2 Wings in less than 6 months in '07 and GEICO has not raised my rates or dropped me. These two accidents were the only claims against any company I have ever had. They were however big payouts. They gave Gail (my passenger) over $80K for pain and suffering in the MT accident. $16K for the MT event and $12K for the November crash to replace the motorcycles.

Blue STreak

Bob Meyer
STOC #
I had GEICO for car and bike. When my bike was totaled, the woman who hit me was also covered by GEICO. I think they were going to try to claim it was my fault, so I would have had to pay the deductible, until they found out a LEO witnessed the other driver run a red light. After that, though, they paid without a problem, and gave me a fair settlement, I think.

But I switched to Progressive because their rates for me and my then 19 year old son were cheaper than GEICO's rates just for me.

OP
OP
BigMac64
Bike
2003 Goldwing
STOC #
I totally forgot about Progressive.

I went to their site and got a quote with the same coverage as GEICO.

What I came up with was GEICO was $171 and Progressive was $208.

That's close enough to each other that a person wants to choose who has the best customer service.

Bike
07 ST1300A
I had Geico for over 20 yrs. Had 2 trucks, house, boat, bike, etc with them. When I got my ST, they wanted over $1K every 6 months. :eek: This was over 3x what it was with my VTX. Seems they had classified the ST as a sport bike (thanks squids). So I have Geico the mighty heave-ho, and went with Progressive. I now have nothing insured by Geico, nor will I.

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
Check with Nationwide, especially if you're an AMA member (worth an additional discount.) Geico was more than State Farm, Progressive was less, but Nationwide was the best of the bunch. I saved close to $100, and got better coverage.

My cost per yr is really low , however if they go up I'm blaming Mac's pay outs... I have the family plan and w/ three daugthers drivers ??? well maybe it's going up soon any how

RCS

I believe Progressive also has a pretty good towing program. I have it, but haven't used it yet.

Bike
ST 1300
My cost is really low per year with Geico as well. I have been pleased with them in the few car claims I have had to use. That being said, one of my friends crashed his wing, and they nearly doubled his cost per year. It could have had something to do with the fact that he passed out behind the bars and told them that he did so.

skyboybry

Hi-Hi!
Bike
Sparkles
STOC #
Poor customer service made me cancel my Geico and get Progressive. Geico just wouldn't change my policy after several requests to change it. I faxed them, called them, faxed again, and my policy never changed. I finally gave up & switched. Progressive also wound up being the cheapest for multi-bike discount. $282/year for my 3 bikes.

sbB

Salty

Scott La Shier
I believe Progressive also has a pretty good towing program. I have it, but haven't used it yet.
I have - not as good as you think. While I don't have the actual policy in front of me - it is a max of $75 per tow, not the total shown on your policy. When I asked why they couldn't cover the entire tow using the entire amount depicted on my policy she didn't have a sound answer.

This reminds me to get the AAA RV tow coverage I have been thinking about.

It might have been was because I was on a Harley at the time...:p:

RCS

I have - not as good as you think. While I don't have the actual policy in front of me - it is a max of $75 per tow, not the total shown on your policy. When I asked why they couldn't cover the entire tow using the entire amount depicted on my policy she didn't have a sound answer.

This reminds me to get the AAA RV tow coverage I have been thinking about.

It might have been was because I was on a Harley at the time...:p:
Maybe the Roadside Assistance has changed. Below is the information from their website. It doesn't mention any minimums.

Roadside Assistance - If your motorcycle breaks down, Roadside Assistance will pay to tow it to the nearest qualified repair facility. Roadside Assistance also covers the necessary labor costs at the place of breakdown when your motorcycle or off-road vehicle is disabled due to any of the following:

Mechanical or electrical breakdown
Dead battery
Flat tire
Lockout
Insufficient supply of fuel, oil, water, or other fluids
Entrapment in snow, mud, water, or sand within 100 feet of the roadway

Top Bottom