GL 1800 Test Ride

Bike
sold dec 31 14
STOC #
I took a Wing out on Friday and dang I like it. After Canstoc I started thinking about how I ride and how I use my bike. For the most part I cruise about 30KPH over the posted on roads less likely to be patrolled or %10 on roads likely to have regular police presence. On Canstoc i discovered I am not a fast rider and i tend to take the bike on trips rather than ride regularily. The wing is very capable at the kind of riding i like to do and is still fast enough to pass very quickly. The 06 is very gadget complete and great two up which I also do more of than solo. On the other hand the ST has greater range and is a lot more affordable. It is still a great touring bike and works better for some of the race marshalling that I am involved with. I don't imagine a Wing in the garage soon but I think there is going to be a change in a couple of years.:03biker:
Anyone have a good Wing forum I can get a feel for?

Bora20

...watching & learning...
STOC #
Come on now Mike, you were fast enough;)

Glad you and your wife got home safe and sound.

Wing is a gorgeous bike though. I could seem myself on one of them in the future, a long time in the future though.

If you decide to sell/trade the ST, let me know, I would like some of you extras that you have:D

OP
OP
bcst1300
Bike
sold dec 31 14
STOC #
No trade in soon

I do like the wing and I expect i will want one the next time i get a new bike. Since I can't afford the extra 15,000 to 20,000 to move I expect the ST will be the number 1 Moto for me. Never the less if i were to find another income I would change. Of course the ST is still a terrific bike and cannot be disapointed should the Wing never come. I was fast enough to get the adrenaline going. It was great riding with the whole group. Get the C2?

Bora20

...watching & learning...
STOC #
Not yet, I still have 2 years left on my current helmet, so I still have time to look.

I did buy a Starcom1 Advance though, and after my 4 hour trip with my wife yesterday, I am going to sell the Corbin and get a Russell.\

I just have to find the extra funds as well.

Bike
04ST1300A
STOC #
BCST1300...

You're doing things out of order.

First, you must become a moderator here on this board....then you are bestowed a GL1800....:D :D :D

--Bryan
04ST1300A
STOC# 5197
:04biker:

Bike
2005 ST1300
I test rode a GL at the HOOT this year. I was surprised how easy it was to ride, it didn't feel heavy at all. However , the seating position puts more weight on my butt compared to the ST, and I'm afraid my lower back would'nt approve. I used to wear a support belt on long trips when I rode a cruiser, the ST cured that. Any demo ride is fun.

Top Bottom