GoPro suction cup mount

MileHigh

Juvenile delinquent
Bike
2006 ST
STOC #
So, picked up a GoPro and got the suction cup mount.

Was thinking of sticking it on the front cowl or side fairing.

Where do you all place yours? Yes, I am going to use a tether even though it is supposed to be good for 150 mph.

Wondered about the top box looking over my shoulder too.

I put my Drift Ghost HD center-top of fairing above gages, behind windscreen. My suctin cup mount isn't concincing enuf to me to even attempt on side of fairing.

I mount mine with a Ram mount on the front brake master cylinder and shoot video through the windscreen. In that position, it will also catch the speedo and tach.

I tried the suction cup on side fairing, and it worked great, but was hard to adjust.

John

I found the suction cup mounts create too much vibration. I mainly use a helmet mount.

I stuck mine just under the ST1300 on the fairing. Rode out to Utah and back and it never moved. A little moisture on the cup before install helps.

I also used a tether to the side vent.

I have use my suction mount on the side under the st1300 decal, on the nose just above the headlight and under the tail section facing out the back. Always use a tether!!!!

Haha... nice vid.
I used a friends GoPro on a trip to Deal Gap area, put the mount on the top of my left mirror, the videos turned out great. the only issue I have with it was I came home with 48 GIG of videos that I coudn't compress to get a DVD made to give to the other guy on the trip.

Well, update. . . . .

I used the suction cup mount on the windshield. No problems staying attached even at 103 MPH. Yes, I used a lanyard.

Problem is, the picture is tooooo shaky. Even at normal highway speeds (50-75MPH) Think its the windscreen shaking. Won't use the wind screen again.

Have to try helmet mount next time.

Give the fairing in the point just above the headlights a try. I have run mine there and no shaking up to 65 or so.

Well, update. . . . .

I used the suction cup mount on the windshield. No problems staying attached even at 103 MPH. Yes, I used a lanyard.

Problem is, the picture is tooooo shaky. Even at normal highway speeds (50-75MPH) Think its the windscreen shaking. Won't use the wind screen again.

I rode 400 miles with mine on the front cowl. As long as it's very clean I trust it. I also bought the clamp to mount to the rear crash bars.

Well, update. . . . .

At WeSToc I noticed you mounting this. Was hoping you would post a video of one of your rides. Too bad they were too shaky.

Top Bottom